Chapter 18

Deku's POV:

Kachaan has never looked so sad, he even called me Izuku. He knew he couldn't save Kirishima but yet he still pleaded for help. He looked so distraught. Todoroki told me what happened. Kachaan must think it's his fault. I feel so bad. He would always shouts me if I feel bad for or try to help him but now I guess he doesn't care.

He laid Kirishima's body on the floor. He had been crying for more than an hour and yet he still didn't seem like he was going to stop. I reached my hand for him to help him up off the ground. I remembered when I did before. When he fell off the bridge. He was surely going to shout at me. But he didn't?! He took it! I was shocked but he didn't seem to care.

"PHUHHUHUHUHUH TIME FOR THE CLASS TRIAL! Won't be much of a trial but oh well!" Monokuma shouted through a monitor. I looked over at the monitor. Kachaan looked over at the body.

"Goodbye, Kirishima. I will always love you." He spoke. I wanted to do something. He loved Kirishima. More than anyone.

He then walked off. I wanted to speak but nothing came out. Kachaan's face was pale but yet red from crying.

Denki came to over with Kirishima. His face was paler than Bakugou. He looked like he was going to scream and have a breakdown any minute. Shinsou was distraught as well, but he didn't want to show it. He wanted to help Denki. Mina was behind them. She was crying a bit. Not as bad as Kachaan though.

I walked over to Todoroki. He smiled weakly. I hugged him. He kissed me on the head and hugged back. Todoroki said he had to get something. He didn't want to kill Kirishima, it was an accident. We walked to the elevator to take us to the trial. Then it hit me. Todoroki was the blackened. He would get executed. I didn't process this until now. I screamed and ran to the elevator entrance. I then blocked the entrance with my body.

"Izuku what are you-" Todoroki started.

"NO! NO, NO, NO, NO! WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN!!!" I shouted at the top of my voice. Tears began to fall. People stared at me with sympathy.

"STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT! EVERYONE LEAVE!" I screamed. They looked a bit startled. Todoroki just smiled. He walked up to me.

"Izuku it's fine." Todoroki told me.

"YEAH THAT'S WHAT KIRISHIMA SAID AND LOOK WHERE HE IS NOW!" I wept. I realised what I said.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. Mina and Denki looked angry with me. Kachaan just looked down and then broke down again. He fell to the floor and began to cry harder again. My eyes went wide. I ran to him. I did what would surely get me killed. I hugged him.

"I'm sorry." I repeated. He hugged back. Okay this was nice, scary, and awkward all at the exact same time. I have never hugged him in my entire life! He let go and tried to calm himself down. It was Mina, Denki and Shinsou's turn to hug him. This calmed him down a lot. He sniffed and stood up. He looked awful. Todoroki was in the elevator.

"WAIT NO LEAVE!" I shouted and ran to the elevator. I grabbed his hand and tried to drag him out. I face-planted instead. I let go of his hand. He crouched down and put out his hand. I burst into massive tears and hugged him instead. He almost fell over but kept his balance. He hugged back. Everyone else came in. The elevator started. No! I wept more. It was more in fear though. I couldn't lose him! As soon as the elevator started, it stopped. I hugged Todoroki harder. This wasn't happening. It must be a dream or something! I was crying. Todoroki tried to stand up, but I wouldn't let him.

"Izuku please." Todoroki whispered. He looked like he was going to cry. I sobbed harder. Reluctantly, I stood up. If all fails, I have a plan. I just hoped that plan would work. Todoroki gave a weak smile and held my hand. Everyone was already at their places. Monokuma was beyond cruel. He splattered Kirishima's podium with... blood? Ketchup? It was a red liquid anyways to imply blood. Kirishima's picture was up. Kachaan looked broken. No; he was.

I didn't go to my podium. I stayed with Todoroki.

"WELL FINALLY! LET'S GET THIS FUCKING CLASS TRIAL STARTED!" Monokuma shouted. Todoroki sighed.

"It was me. I killed Kirishima. Me and Bakugou were originally fencing but I don't think Bakugou knew how to fence. It got violent. I was careless and selfish. I went to stab Bakugou with my sword and Kirishima pushed Bakugou out of way, getting stabbed in the process. I can't express how sorry I am, Bakugou. It was an accident. But I guess that's why what they all say." He looked at Kahcaan. "I guess you will enjoy my execution huh Bakugou." He added.

Bakugou looked emotionless. He was a mess. He stared directly at Todoroki.

"No I won't. That wouldn't be manly at all." He replied. He was serious.

Todoroki froze. He then nodded.

"So should we vote?" Todoroki asked.

"NO!" I screamed and burst into hysterical tears. I hugged Todoroki harder. "I CAN'T LOSE YOU!" Todoroki hugged me back.

"We will meet again. I promise." He whispered.

"No. I can't." I whispered back. He hugged me tighter. I could Tsu, Iida and some other people crying.

"Geez you kids are a mess!" Chuckled Monokuma. "Now cast the votes or I'm killing everyone here!" He added. I sobbed harder. Monokuma just laughed. Todoroki glared at Monokuma. He then let go of me.

"NO! please." I begged. Todoroki just smiled. He voted himself. I went to mine reluctantly. I voted myself. After the voting, the machine spun again. I didn't look. I knew it landed on Todoroki. The cheers echoed in my ears. Todoroki sighed and smiled.

"Well since everyone feels extra despair in this trial, I'll give you more time to say goodbye! More crying!" Monokuma sneered.

"I WANT TO TAKE HIS PLACE!" I begged Monokuma.

"PHUHHUHU YOU WANT TO BE EXCECUTED INSTEAD OF HIM?! YOU IDIOT!" Monokuma laughed.

"Please! I-" I began.

"Izuku please." Todoroki interrupted. He had tears in his eyes. "I will take the punishment."

"NO!" I repeated. Todoroki walked to me and kissed me. I kissed back. After a while, he stopped kissing me and stared right into my eyes. His eyes were so beautiful.

"I love you with all my heart Izuku." He told me.

"I love you too." I replied.

"Remember me Izuku." He smiled.

"Of course." I replied. He smiled wider. He took a step back from me. He then got went to get something from his pocket. It was a bottle. I didn't understand. He kissed me on the cheek and drank the liquid in the bottle. My eyes widened. It was poison. He dropped the bottle, making it smash to ground and fell to the ground. I screamed and went to him. I checked his pulse, his breathing pattern. He didn't have any. He was dead. I yelled in grief. Monokuma stood up.

"What?" He questioned. "Wait. NO! THAT LITTLE BASTARD! HE KILLED HIMSELF! ARGHHH! FIRST THE FUCKING RED HEAD NOW HIM! BAKUGOU WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE AND TODOROKI EXCECUTED! FUCK!" Monokuma yelled in fury. He was angry panting is some weird way.

I was sobbing. Harder than I did with Ochako. Everyone was crying; except Kachaan who just looked shocked and sad.

Todoroki was dead. He killed himself before the execution. He didn't want to die in pain... or let me have to bear seeing his execution. Monokuma was furious. He yelled and cursed. He was acting like a 5-year-old. A spoiled one that is.

As for me, I cried for 2 hours and then. I couldn't be happy; I didn't want to smile. I looked awful.

Even days after the trial, I didn't make the effort to fix or tidy stupid things like my hair, I barely slept, I couldn't even be bothered anymore. You could say I had fallen into despair. The truth is I had.

(P/n: Alright chapter for today, also this did way better then my friend thought it would and it's making him really happy so thank you☺️)

1419 words