Chapter 24

Mina's POV:

Hardly anyone trusts each other now. Even Denki, who used to be the most social person here, was now hardly speaking to me or Bakugou. Denki would talk to Shinsou, but it was just hushed whispers to Shinsou and nervous glances at other people when the gang were around. Sure, he would talk sometimes but I still felt like it wasn't enough.
Bakugou was being more, how do I put this, friendly I guess? Believe it or not he's stopped calling me raccoon eyes (well most of the time) and he's talking to me, Denki and Shinsou more. (I'm usually the only one to reply to him.)
Hagakure and me have gotten really close. We hang out a lot more and we call each other besties. Neijire has been a bit off lately but still smiled at me every time she sees me. Me, her and Hagakure are like the girl trio.
Iida has been stricter about curfew and has just gotten stricter in general.
Aoyama has been less social, not talking as much but he still looks fabulous. I compliment his looks a lot which makes him happier.
Mirio still smiles and is super positive with everyone, trying to lift everyone's spirits though I can see behind the smile; he's distraught and scared. Mirio may be hiding his emotions but his determination to make everyone happy has pushed that aside. He's made me and everyone else feel a bit safer, a bit happier and that's what counts.
Shinsou has been acting a bit weird though. If we were in an among us game I would say he was a bit sus. He's been more suspicious about others and seems lost in thought a sometimes. I mean he's always been lost in thought but still.
I myself take every opportunity that could make myself and others happy.
I was daydreaming about our last sleepover the 'Bakusquad' had together before all of this happened, when Bakugou poked my arm.
"Stop fucking daydreaming Ashido." Bakugou complained. I smirked.
"I still think it's a miracle you say my name. I wouldn't be surprised if-"
"Shut the fuck up raccoon eyes." Bakugou grunted. I snickered at him. He shot his usual death glare at me. See? He's being so much nicer. Maybe it's the quirk bracelet stopping his explosions. Once we make it out alive, I'm keeping one of these so I can have a sleepover with Denki, Shinsou and him without him killing us with his explosions.
I looked over at Neijire who was talking to Hagakure. Hagakure looked at me and waved for me to come over. I stood up getting a confused look from Bakugou, a surprised look from Denki and a quizzical look from Shinsou.
"Well it's been a good lunch but I'm going to hang out with the girls." I said proudly. Bakugou huffed.
"Don't have to make a big fucking deal out of it Ash- raccoon eyes." I chuckled.
"Everything's a drama when I'm around." I replied and walked to the girls.
"Well hello bestie." Hagakure said with a mischievous tone in her voice. If I could see her then I'd think she would be smirking.
"Okay what prank are we gonna do?" I spoke. Neijire gave a smile.
"Well I did a bet with Hagakure about Bakugou. Hagakure told me that Bakugou would try yell at you so hard your ears hurt if you said his first name. I say Bakugou would run at you if you said his first name. We need to see what would happen." Neijire told me. I laughed.
"Wow! I guess death by doing a bet wouldn't be a bad way to go... I'm so in." I told them. Hagakure jumped in the air.
"Yes!" Hagakure cheered. Neijire chuckled.
"Well wish me luck." I said, saluting and walking back to the table. Bakugou gave a quizzical look.
"Why the fuck are you back Pinky?" Bakugou asked.
"Just wanted to hang out with you, Katsuki." I replied slyly.
Denki spat out his water. He looked at me and saw me smirking. He began to chuckle. I was so happy! Denki was laughing! He hasn't laughed in like... forever! Shinsou noticed this too and gave a weak smile and chuckled a bit too. Bakugou on the other hand was not pleased.
"You will regret the day you were born Raccoon eyes." He said, anger radiating off him. I gulped.
"Well it was knowing you Denki and Shinsou." I said as bolted, Bakugou following me. I high-fived Neijire on the way of course.
"Neijire you win!" I called to her.
"Aw dammit!" Hagakure moaned. Neijire giggled.
I was actually managing to outrun Bakugou when I slipped on Aoyama's cape and fell backwards, hitting my head.
"Ow!" I yelped. Bakugou saw what happened and ran to me.
"Dumbass! You could've gotten brain damage! You've basically only gotten one braincell!" Complained Bakugou, holding out his hand. I grabbed it and stood up, rubbing the back of my head. It was ringing, making me wince more.
"Absolute idiot!" Bakugou added. I snickered, still holding my head. Shinsou came running in and sighed.
"Denki asked me if Mina was okay." Shinsou said bluntly. I gave him a smile.
"Ashido's a fucking dumbass." Bakugou muttered.
"I thought you already knew that." Shinsou replied. I pouted.
"Hey, I'm smarter than Denki at least." I interjected. Shinsou gave me a death glare and Bakugou smirked.
"True that." Bakugou said.
"I feel if Shinsou could use his quirk we'd be dead." I added.
"Now that facts true." Shinsou said.
"If I could use my quirk both you assholes would be blown to bits!" Bakugou chipped in.
"Well if I could use my-" I began but got glares from both Bakugou and Shinsou. "I'm going back to Denki after I return Aoyama's cape. He won't kill me if he could use his quirk." I told them.
"Unless he sneezed in a swimming pool." Shinsou pointed out. He had a point.
"Okay wouldn't kill me on purpose." I replied. I looked at Aoyama's cape. "Oh right now I need to give this back to Aoyama. Wonder why it was on the floor?"
"Does it look like I know?!" Bakugou shouted.
"Did she ask you?" Shinsou asked.
"Shut it insomniac!"
I decided to leave those two to their argument and walked to Aoyama's door.
As I looked around the hallway, I walked past everyone dorm's. Iida's room, Neijire's room, me and Hagakure's, Bakugou's, Shinsou and denki's room. I went to the end of the hallways to Aoyama's room. I knocked, holding the cape in my left arm. Slowly the door opened, and Aoyama peaked out of the door. He then realised it was me and opened the door elegantly and flicked his hair.
"Well bonjour mon ami! What is it?" He asked. I smiled.
"Eh sorry but I slipped on your cape in the hallway, and I wanted to give it back." I told him; a bit embarrassed. He smiled and took it.
"Merci beaucoup!" He told me and went to his wardrobe. The dude had about 5 wardrobes! I only have half a wardrobe (Me and Hagakure share a wardrobe)! Aoyama flung open his wardrobe closest to the giant mirror he had. Inside the wardrobe was full of the capes identical to the one I brought him. He had like 20 of them!!! He hung up the cape I brought him and looked at me.
"Eh why was the cloak on the floor?" I asked.
"It's a secret." Aoyama winked. I chuckled a bit.
"Ashido-san! Aoyama-kun!" Called a voice. It was Iida. He walked up to the door and stood next to me, looking at me with a serious expression. "Guys I found something! It's important!" He told us. I frowned while Aoyama closed his wardrobe.
"Sorry ami but I don't want to see. I'll be in my room if we need me." He told us, looking slightly scared.
"I'll go Iida." I told him. Iida smiled and waved at Aoyama.
"Well goodbye Aoyama-kun! I'll tell if we need you." He told Aoyama and gestured for me to follow him. I closed Aoyama's door and followed Iida.
"So what do you want to show me?" I asked. Iida kept walking, not looking back.
"I found Monokuma's office." He simply replied. I was speechless. How?
We walked for about ten minutes, turning left and right a lot, confusing me. we finally reached an office. Iida opened the door and led me in. papers were scattered everywhere. There was a wooden desk in the middle of the room and drawers at the back. The best thing was that there was a computer on the desk. Iida held up a sticky note.
"This has the password on it." He told me it. I was shocked. "It was in one of the drawers." He cleared up. He went to the computer, and I followed. Iida logged in with the password, which I couldn't see, and we were logged on. Flashing at the home screen bottom tab was a security recording app. I frowned.
"Click that app." I told Iida, pointing at the app. Iida listened and clicked on the app. Immediately, it showed a security camera with... me and Iida on it, looking at a computer confused. I turned around quickly and stared directly at where the said camera was supposed to be. There was no camera.
"But..." I began.
"It shows you are directly staring at it." Iida said.
"Nothing's there." I told him. He frowned more.
I looked back at the computer and took over the mouse. I pressed what looked like a replay button. It re-winded the tape of the cameras and stopped at random. It showed a fight. The fight that happened between Bakugou and Todoroki. I saw Kirishima run at Bakugou and Todoroki and...
I couldn't watch the rest. I paused it. I decided to rewind more, only showing snippets of events happening. Momo's execution, Tamaki's death. Sero's execution, Jirou's death. Tokoyami's execution, Sato and Oijiro's deaths. Ochaku's execution and finally Koda's death. Seeing all of these deaths made me feel so... empty.  Both of us stared at the tapes, horrified. Then I watched the end of the security footage. Or so I thought. The screen went black, and a buzzing sound came from the computer. Just then, on the screen Monokuma popped up on the screen. He did a little twirl and snickered.
"Well hello heroes! Endeavor, Easerhead; All Might. You probably are wondering where your precious class 1A is. Endeavour's son, Easerhead's son the whole bunch! Even got All might's successor! Anyways we decided to play a little game! After we... invited class 1A to our facility, me and my fellow friends got bored so we wanted to have some fun! Anyways I should do a proper introduction to our game! Ahem...
Welcome to our killing game!!! Watch heroes as your so called 'successors' and children murder each other!!! Phuhuhu! This will be so fun! Enjoy watching!" Monokuma told us. I was speechless. The screen turned to a room. A classroom. Deku and Ochaku were there, sleeping on classroom's chairs with their heads and arms on the desk in front of them. Deku woke up slowly and looked around.
"Where am I?" He asked himself. I stopped the tape; I was too shocked.
"They are filming this... game?! And showing it to the heroes!" Iida exclaimed. Before I could reply, the office door swung open.
"PHUHUHUH! Well you two sneaky rats got into my office! You really have no respect!" Monokuma chuckled. Me and Iida jumped a bit at the familiar voice.
"Monokuma!" Iida gasped, looking at the small bear at the doorway.
"The one and only!" Monokuma chuckled.
"You've been recording us dying this whole time!" I yelled at him angrily.  Monokuma merely snickered.
"Well of course! All the heroes have been watching you! And they haven't even tried to rescue you guys. So sad." Monokuma told us.
"No that's not true! The heroes have been trying to find us! I know it!" Iida retorted.
"Then why haven't they found you? I mean finding a giant school is really not that hard. We even have this on live! They could easily either track our live feed and save you or find a giant school! it wouldn't be this hard for the famous heroes, with very powerful quirks, to find 23 missing students! Come on use your heads!" Monokuma told us. he then smirked.
"Well I guess you're going to tell your friends about this all. Go ahead, tell them. It isn't going to help you find out how to get out or the real truth." He added.
With that, the bear left me and Iida.

2133 words