Chapter 22

Mirio's POV:

I couldn't do it anymore. Everyone was falling into despair. Four days ago there was a triple murder with Denki being severely injured!.

I'm sorry Tamaki, I can't make the class happy. The meetings aren't working. Nothing is working!

I was staring at the ceiling, playing catch with myself. I threw the ball up and caught it. Threw it up and caught it.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said bleakly. Hagakure came in.

"Mirio?" She asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah of course!" I smile. I think she smiled back. She sat on my bed.

"I have a question."

"What is it?"

"How? How can you be so positive and make people happy at a time? I admit I want to be like you. To spread... happiness to everyone. Please tell me how." She asked me. I stared at her in shock.

"You think I make people happy? I feel like I'm failing right now." I admitted to her.

"What? Of course not! You're amazing! I look up to you! Everyone does!" She replied. I looked at her. Well kind of. You know what I mean! Being invisible must suck.

"But everyone... is so... sad and fearful. How does that make me amazing?"

"If you weren't here... everyone would've given up. But when you do try to stay positive, everyone feels happier. Some less than other but everyone thanks you for well you being... you! If you keep being positive, I'm sure no one else will die!" Hagakure told me.

"Thank you Hagakure. You're really supportive."

"Just keep being you! Okay?"

"Yep!" I smiled. She stood.

"What time is it?" She asked. I looked at the clock.

"Errr 3pm why?" I replied.

"Oh no! I'm supposed to meet Shinsou!" She panicked. "Sorry to cut the conversation short. Have a good day! byeee!" She ran out. I smiled. Her and Mina were trying to stay positive. I'm glad.

An hour went by. It was dinner. I stood up and walked down. As I went to open the dining room door, I heard my name being called.

"Mirio!" I looked around to see Denki. His legs were still mummified in bandages. He had crutches. Guess we don't have a wheelchair. Shinsou was walking next to him. He looked a bit on edge. He kept staring at Denki's crutches like he didn't trust them.

"Oh hey Denki! How's your legs?" I asked him.

"Well they hurt. They're better than before but they still hurt." Denki admitted.

"Oh geez that must suck. I hope they get better!" I replied. Denki gave a half-hearted smile.

"Me too."

"Denki it'll heal soon." Shinsou reassured. Denki nodded but he didn't seem too sure.

"I'm surprised they are healing so well." I told them. Shinsou nodded.

"I'm surprised too. They're healing a bit too fast." He spoke. denki didn't hear Shinsou's comment and just carried on smiling.

"Eh Mirio could you hold the door open? My limbs are a bit occupied at the moment." Denki joked. I laughed.

"Of course." I opened the door and held it for Denki and Shinsou. Denki thanked me while Shinsou merely just nodded his head. I walked in after them. Bakugou walked towards Denki.

"Dunce face! Took you fucking long enough to get here! Same with you Insomniac!" He said sarcastically.

I chuckled. His nicknames are still pretty funny.

Bakugou frowned. "What is it positive fucker? Got a problem?"

"Ehh nope!" I chuckled. Bakugou huffed. Yup, same old Bakugou! I looked for Neijire.

"M! You're here!" Neijire cheered. She looked a bit paler than usual.

"Hi Neijire! How are you?" I asked.

"Meh." She replied. "I was just talking to Mina and Hagakure!" She added. I smiled. Mina, Hagakure and she were the only girls left.

After lunch, Monokuma made an announcement on another monitor.

"Look I want this killing game to end in the most spectacular way possible! So I have decided to... MAKE YOU WATCH A FUN VIDEO TO MAKE YOU FEEL MORE HOPE BUT WITH A TWIST! ONE PERSON WILL GET ONE THAT WILL SHOW DESPAIR!!! PHUHUH! THAT ONE PERSON THAT GOT THE DESPAIR VIDEO WILL FELL SOO MUCH DESPAIR, THEY WILL KILL EVERYONE WHEN EVERYONE ELSE FEELS AMAZING! PHUHUHUHU! SOOOOOOOOO GO TO THE COMPUTER LAB! I will help you from there!" Monokuma laughed. I looked at the monitor. He wasn't serious! Denki cuddled into to Shinsou. Mina looked to me.

"Everyone don't fret! I'm sure if the one person gets the... despair video then we can help them! No one will get hurt!" I reassured.
"Yeah Mirio is right! Come on! We can all go to the computer lab together!" Neijire encouraged. Mina, Hagakure, Iida, and even Bakugou smiled. Shinsou, Aoyama and Denki still looked nervous. Shinsou though then smiled probably just comfort Denki.

We walked to the computer lab as a group.

"Mirio what if. The despair video... will it really be that bad?" Neijire asked.

"It won't be!" I reassured. She didn't look convinced. To be honest, I was nervous too. I just someone strong gets that video. I'm scared.

(A/n: I think ya'll know what's going on)

865 words