Chapter 26

Mirio's POV:

I felt a sense of déjà vu as the elevator descended. Why can't this stop?!
Walking to my podium, the same sick feeling came over me. At least one person won't make it out alive.
"LET THE CLASS TRIAL BEGIN PHUHU!" Monokuma yelled. Same introduction.
"I've got evidence for once!" Mina yelled in triumph.
"What is it Mina?" I encouraged.
"If my theory is correct, Iida was standing up right next to the pool before his death. You know the lifeguard chair thingy? Well I think, no, I know the blackened pushed the lifeguard chair and it fell on top of Iida. Iida was knocked out and shards of the wood went into him. The chair obviously hit his right side first since the shards of wood were on his right arm and back. The wood didn't kill him though, only injured and knocked him out. Iida fell into the pool face first and drowned. The blackened left the scene in a rush, forgetting to close the pool door and forgot to lock the other door. That's all I got though." Mina explained.
"That's a lot of evidence Mina!" Hagakure told Mina. Mina smiled.
"Thanks!"
I thought for a bit. If the murder was at 7pm, then the murder was at dinner.
"The murder was at dinner time. Me, Denki, Hagakure and Shinsou were all at dinner then, so it wasn't us three. The murder obviously skipped dinner!" I explained. Shinsou nodded.
"Yup. That leaves Neijire, Aoyama, Bakugou and Mina as suspects." He told everyone.
"Wait! I was in the library with Bakugou, so me and Bakugou are safe." Mina told everyone.
"Yeah Mina told me that. Apparently Bakugou likes fruits basket." Snickered Denki. Bakugou whipped his head round.
"You motherfucker! You are so dead Dunce face!" He hissed. I giggled a bit.
"Anyways Shinsou might have some more evidence for us." I pointed out. Shinsou gave me a curious look. "The notebook!" I pointed out. He processed what I said and sighed.
"It's not important." He told us bluntly. Every looked pretty suspicious of Shinsou when he said that. There was a silence for a bit.
"So Neijire and Aoyama are really only the suspects left then. Let's get this over with, who was it?" Shinsou asked.
No one replied, the trial room was silent.
"Well?" Shinsou said impatiently. He looked pretty scary to be honest. He'd be a good interrogator.
Aoyama burst into tears then.
"I'm sorry." He wept. Shinsou looked pretty surprised.
"Didn't think I was that intimidating." Murmured Shinsou.
"Aoyama... you didn't kill Iida right? You wouldn't." Mina stuttered, looking upset.
"I'm sorry mon ami. it was me. I couldn't lie to you guys any longer." Aoyama told us, even more upset than Mina was.
"Why?" I asked, my voice cracking a bit. Aoyama looked guilty and ashamed of himself.
"I didn't know what I was thinking. I thought it was Iida, I really did." He told everyone. I frowned.
"What do you mean? Iida was what?" I asked.
"The traitor." He murmured. Traitor?! Monokuma chuckled.
"Finally someone with some sense!" He laughed.
"There's a traitor?!" Denki asked.
"Of course there is! Of course not Iida but close! Okay not close but at least someone realised the threat you completely ignored!" Monokuma chuckled. Everyone looked horrified.
"But we've know each other! No one here would be a traitor!" I cut in.
"But do you this person that well?" He sneered a bit. Every looked shocked.
"I really thought it was Iida." Aoyama repeated.
"Why?" Shinsou asked, dead serious. Aoyama looked more uncomfortable.
"Well how come he easily got into the computer with the camera? How come he found the office so fast? I thought that was all suspicious. When he left the library, saying he wasn't hungry, I followed him. I followed him to the pool. That made me even more suspicious. I didn't even know a pool existed! But yet Iida did. I didn't mean to kill him. Just find out what he was up to" Aoyama told us. He looked a mess. I felt bad.
"What even happened?! How the fuck do you accidentally kill someone?" Bakugou retorted.
"It really was an accident though! Like I said before, I saw Iida leave and decided to follow him. If he really was going back to his room then I could make up that I was going to my room as well. Our rooms are closer to each other after all.
But he didn't go to his room. He went into a strange, locked room using a key he had in his pocket. I eventually followed him there, making sure he didn't notice me. He sat at the edge of the pool, writing in a green notebook. I quietly walked to the elevated area of the room. Unfortunately, Iida spotted me when I was finally at the top. What happened next was a blur. Iida stood up and yelled at me. I panicked and pushed the first thing in front of me; the lifeguard chair. The lifeguard landed on Iida, pushing him into the pool. I thought the wood killed him. So, I ran out of the room and straight to my room. I didn't know what to do. I just ran away. Ran away like a coward. Even now, I feel like something is wrong. Why am I blurting out all of this? It's like I can't stop." Aoyama explained.
Out of reflex, I looked over at Shinsou. Shinsou seemed to look almost pleased.
"So that's it. We figured out the murder. That was quick." Hagakure bitterly said. She was obviously upset. Everyone was.
"I'm so sorry mon amis. I wish I could make it up to you. I guess all I can do now is die." Aoyama told us, shaking from fear. He was still crying.
Mina began to cry too. Tears rolled down my face as well. No one spoke.
Monokuma sighed.
"You guys are no fun! Let's just fucking vote, you're wasting my time!" Monokuma complained. Bakugou stuck up his middle finger at Monokuma but reluctantly voted.
Votes were in.
The machine spun again. First one on Aoyama, second... then third. Same old cheers echoed from the machine. Aoyama looked petrified.
"Remember me everyone. Please don't associate me as a murderer later in life. au revoir mon ami." Aoyama told everyone.
"This trial was boring. Anyways let's just get on with the execution." Monokuma told everyone.
"Goodbye Aoyama!" Cried Mina, still crying.
"IT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!" Monokuma cried.

Guess you can stop twinkling

Aoyama was put into a long, peach coloured hallway. Light flickered on the roof as Aoyama looked around, petrified.
Suddenly, a mob of people with signs started to chase Aoyama. Hero protesters and people who apparently 'disagreed' with Aoyama. Aoyama ran away from them as fast as he could.
Then, more protesters came from the other direction, and Aoyama was surrounded.
A rope came down, but it wasn't an ordinary rope. It was a vine, covered in thorns. Aoyama realises it is the only way out and reluctantly begins to climb the vine. The thorns dig into Aoyama's hands, but Aoyama has to continue the climb.
The protesters throw their signs at Aoyama, barely missing him. As Aoyama continues to climb, he notices machines on the sides of the walls further up. These machines activate and lasers begin to shoot out of them. Lasers like Aoyama's.
Aoyama has to continue to climb, having to climb where the lasers were being fired.
Lasers slash and shoot at Aoyama as he climbs further. Aoyama yelped in pain every time a laser hit him. More and more lasers shoot at Aoyama.
Aoyama cleared the area of lasers and journeyed forth.
He eventually reached a way out above. He reached out his destroyed hand to reach it. Hope washed over him.
The opening turned out just a drawing. Aoyama looked hopelessly at the drawing.
The vine finally snapped, and Aoyama fell. His screams echoed the area. He fell into the ground, killing him instantly.

Everyone burst into tears except Shinsou and Bakugou. I wept for Aoyama's cruel death.
Why was this happening?! Why can't it end already?! Everyone has suffered enough! We've lost too many!
***

Shinsou's POV:
So the pills worked. Wow, I didn't think they would. Getting Aoyama to confess with pills labelled 'confession pills' was a flawless plan. I knew he looked suspicious from the start.
Sure giving him a glass of water with the pill in it so he consumed the pill it was a bit 'immoral' but it was the right thing to do. He thought I was being nice to him.
Still, finding these pills was easy as well! Looking at Iida's notebook was a good idea. Just hope no one thought I was too suspicious.
It was kind of fucking obvious what the pills would do, judging the label literally explained what the pill were. Why the heck were these things lying about anyway?! Whose idea was it to have pill like that here?! It doesn't make any sense. The pills themselves don't make any sense. There is no such thing as fucking 'confession' pills.
Iida was onto something; I just know it. It's my turn to either finish his research... or destroy it.

(P/n: Here we go da next part)

1558 words