4

Grayson Creed's Point Of View

"I really don't want to listen to this anymore, Oli. Just fuck off and leave me alone," I hissed with venom.

I know I should apologise to my Delta for snapping, but he really pisses me off sometimes.

I shut the door to my office, I turn and make my way to the balcony. The warm breeze of the afternoon somewhat calms my wolf. I end up leaning against the railing, sighing quietly.

The autumn leaves in the forest were radiating in the golden sunlight. I smile briefly at the sight.

The pack house has always been around such beautiful scenery for as long as I remember. Running trough the forest in your wolf form always felt so freeing.

Before my 18th birthday when I was running with my friends, we would spot Colin slipping out of the house to go on walks through those forests almost every other day. He always walked in the dangerous parts of the forests, but no one cared enough to tell him otherwise. No one in the pack necessarily cared if he didn't come back, just like they didn't care when Colin left the pack without a word. The morning after I rejected him.

The reminder of what happened eight years ago still hurts like hell. The feeling is god awful and has my wolf, Mason, whining for his mate.

My stomach twisted into painful knots and my eyes began to sting. I roughly wipe the threatening tears away with my sleeve. Crying wouldn't get my mate back. I fucked it up myself, I have no one to blame but myself.

Regret was the only feeling that courses through me whenever I think of him. I regret how I acted and how I treated him. And for rejecting him and not shutting his lips with mine, so he couldn't say his acceptance of the rejection.

I can't believe one day could ruin everything. How one day could affect my life so much.

The idea of having a male—not to mention one who couldn't shift—mate was scary to me, well young me. But now, now all I want is him. I want him here, leading this pack with me. Today, I would love to show him off and proudly declare him as mine.

But I can't.

Because he left.

Packed up and ran off to goddess knows where, and I can't help but not blame him. Everyone treated him awfully here. His father is broken, he never talks about his mother.

That part wasn't my fault, but I still added to his pain.

Hanging my head in shame, I remain here for god knows how long.

Sighing heavily, I looked back up at the sunny sky. It was too blue, it almost reminded me of his eyes.

I wonder what he's doing right now.

Hell, he could be dead and nobody would have no idea. He never really spoke to anyone in the pack. Nobody made an effort to talk to him either.

I really wish I was with him, or even just knowing if he was safe at least.

Did he have a steady income in the human world? An apartment? Even a house? Did he make any friends after he left?

"Where are you Colin?" I muttered to the sky. The ruffling of leaves on the nearby trees was my only reply.

I guess I lost the right to know how he was doing when I broke him.

I feel my heart sink.

I just wish I could have a second chance.