20

Colin Aaron Skyes Point Of View

When I woke up the next morning, there were guards storming down the hall. I expected them to pass by, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

"Stand up! Both of you!" The lead guard, Mitch said, drawing his gun and pointing it between both of us. His colleges followed suit.

I glared at him but got up quickly as Grayson was torn out of his peaceful sleep.

"Go," Mitchell ordered his guys and they began tearing apart our cell. By the time Grayson was to his feet, we both already had our cuffs on and something shiny was thrusted into my vision.

It was Javier, holding a closed black pocket knife.

"What's this Skyes?" He asked with a snarky tone.

"I've never seen that before," I stated, sending a hard glare his way.

"It was in your extra uniform," Javier responded quickly, flicking the blade out and presenting it to me.

Grayson must have finally caught up with what was happening and opened his mouth to protest on my part but he was dragged out into the hall.

"It's pretty sharp Sykes, must've been a fortune to get your hands on," he hissed to me, an evil glint in his eyes.

Planting a knife in my cell was low, but I never would put it past him.

"Let me guess, you and Grimes are teaming again?" I said with a raised eyebrow with my lips curling up into a crude smile.

Javier's eye widened at my ability to put it together too fast and looked around to the other guards to see if they heard.

They didn't, they were too busy tearing up the cell. And if they did, they would more than likely turn to the blind eye.

"Let's talk in private, shall we?" Javier asked, tilting his head and showing his cynical smile.

I didn't have time to respond as he pushed me out the cell door and into the hall.

Outside, I could see Grayson being dragged away. He struggled a lot, and was very close to overpowering the four guards that were trying to restrain him. One of the guards hits him in the base of his skull with the butt of his gun, knocking him out. I couldn't help but growl as he was dragged away from me. Trying to fend Javier and the other guards that swarmed me was a chore.

I'm not sure if I'll ever see Grayson again.

A pair of handcuffs are latched around my wrists, the cold metal stalled my struggling and froze the blood in my veins.

"No, stop! Get your hands off me! I didn't do anything! Stop!" I yelled, struggling at the two cops who were bending me over the hood of their car. The metal studs and buckles on my leather jacket scratching the hood of the vehicle were loud and obnoxious. Almost as obnoxious as the sound of Mila fake-sobbing, on the doorstep of our house.

When I began breathing again seconds later, I began struggling twice as hard and screaming out violent threats and curses at both my girlfriend and the cops.

Anything curse word I could think of, I said.

Anything that would hurt Mila, I also said.

Soon I felt hot tears trickling down my cheeks as I was yanked up harshly by the cops, unvilintarly connecting my gaze with Mila.

"You trator! Liar!" I yelled as I was pulled back away from the house and shoved into the back of the cop car.