15

Colin Aaron Skyes Point Of View

"What the fuck was that?" Grayson asks me back in the cell. "I mean... what happened with the guards and the inmates."

"Your first riot, congrats," I said, not bothering putting any humour in my voice.

I was tired.

"A riot?! Why the hell?" He exclaimed as he rubbed his bicep. It would bruise from how I was holding him so tightly.

"Honestly? I don't think it matters," I admitted, shrugging slowly and sitting down on my bunk.

"Won't that, like, extend our sentence?" He asked frantically. I shook my hand.

"No. The security footage will show how the guards were using us as punching bags. They can't do anything to us—legally, at least—without fucking themselves over. And it's not like Grimes gang will come after me."

Grayson looked at me in confusion.

"The guy who you kicked?" He asked and I nodded at him to continue, "How are you so sure of that?"

"I've shown them on mutable occasions not to," I said weakly. Grayson stood there silently, probably pondering what I could have meant.

"But h-he's a person, we should try to befriend him. Less enemy's that way, right?" Grayson said hopefully. I gave him a annoyed look. "Y-you said it yourself, the less enemy's the better, when Hunter and I were fighting an-!"

"Listen Grayson," I put my elbows on my knees and more then likely had a serious look on my face, "There's only so many lives I can give a damn about. Cruel, but it's the life that everyone has to learn to live in this place. I don't intend on abandoning that way of life until I'm out of here."

Grayson frowned but nodded.

I snorted derisively before sighing quietly.

"C'mere," I muttered, opening my arms to him. He obliged and sat on my cot, laying against me.

"Where's Dylan and Trevor?"

"Their cell."

Grayson looked up at me as I laid my back on the concrete wall, with Grayson's head in my lap.

"When did you find that out?" He asked and I smiled slowly and ran my hand through his hair.

"Haden made a deal with one of the guards to tell me. You were busy pacing."

Grayson hummed in response and closed his eyes, pulling my arm over his chest.

Someone outside our cell screams, making Grayson jump from my lap.

I got up quickly, but only because I recognized that scream.

I creep to the door, standing up against the bars, leaning against the grimy triple paned plastic.

"Shut up!" One of the guards shouts.

Haden struggles against the guards that were trying to get force back to his cell. He fights the whole way, everyone could hear that clearly. When they passed by Grayson and I's cell, and I could see him kicking and screaming.

"I'll fucking kill you, kid," The guards hisses to Haden, yanking on the cheap material of his jumpsuit.

I could feel Grayson's eyes resting on my back. "Mate?"

"It's fine," I mumble.

"Mate," He repeats, standing up and moving himself so he could look over my shoulder.