6

Colin Skyes Point Of View

"How did you cope? With the half bond, and all," Grayson asked after a beat of silence as I turned to look at him with furrowed eyebrows. He had taken a seat on the corner of my bed with his hot tea when I wasn't paying attention.

He was now looking at me expectantly.

Because of Grayson being the one to actually try to break the bond, it hurt less for him then it did me since I was the one being rejected.

"A lot of things I guess," I said, shrugging my shoulders slightly and glancing to the floor.

"Like what?" He pressed, putting his face in his free hand and looking at me expectantly.

"Alpha duties, my career, friends, writing. Stuff like that," I said duly, putting the folded cloth on my cluttered desk.

I wasn't going to mention using alcohol or pills to cope, not to him and not now. He was still trying to understand why I lied to his whole pack about who I really was. Plus telling him about Marley too.

One thing at a time.

Momentarily, I glanced at the black cabinet next to my desk.

Two of those cabinet shelves held most of the songs that I wrote, the top one was organized in alphabetical order and the lower one which was the unfinished more sentimental songs. The other drawer below the cabinets was just filled documents about my pack.

"Writing?" He asked, almost with a smirk. I nodded.

"Music," I specified, going over and sitting on my bed but didn't facing him after contemplating it for a moment.

"Can I see?" He asked and I shrugged again, cracking my knuckles with my fingers.

"That cabinet, the upper shelf holds all of my finished or mostly finished songs. And the bottom one holds other ones," I said, staring at the cabinet. After a few seconds I turned my head to look at him then continued in almost a mutter, "Key's on my desk. Knock yourself out."

Grayson set down his empty mug on my desk and got up from the bed and quickly. He unlocked the cabinet and open the doors to it. I laid down on my back and set the back of my head on my arms, taking a deep breath as I stared up at the ceiling.

I haven't read over any of the unfinished songs since I wrote them, most of them it was only a verse or two of the bridge and the chorus, maybe not even that.

If I did actually read over them though, I have no idea how I would handle it. So, I shoved them in that shelf never to see the light of day again. I always imagined that one day in the future when Marley is a bit older, we would look through them and maybe finish writing some of them. I would tell her storys of what I felt when writing them and what they ment.

Grayson plucked out a few folders and walked back to my bed, sitting back down in the spot he was sitting before.

"Which ones did you grab?" I asked after a few seconds of silence and him flipping through a green folder.

"T.M?" He said in confusion, making me glance over to him.

"'Tragic Magic'," I told him, tuning to stare at my ceiling as Grayson nodded.

I wrote what I had of that song on the day that I decided that I was going to be the best father for Marley I could. She was just a year old at that point, and I was weeks away from getting out of prison.

"Sounds catchy," He said with a small smile as he opened the folder. I laughed and shook my head and closed my eyes, trying to remember what I was feeling when I wrote it.