22

Colin Aaron Skyes Point Of View

When I heard the footsteps coming in the cell, I let go of Grayson immediately and pushed him behind me. All six of the guards were equipped with the same large guns strapped across their bodies that they had on family day. Every single one of them had sneers and discussed it looks on their faces as I narrowed my eyes at them.

Grayson did the same.

"Skyes, Creed, up against the wall. Today's your lucky day," One of the guards said, pulling out two pairs of handcuffs.

My eyes widened and I stared at the guard who held the handcuffs. Mathews was behind him and gave me a nervous nod.

I rolled my eyes and stepped forward, turning around and presenting the guard with my wrists. The metal was cold but I didn't have time to think about something so minuscule before I was pushed out into the hall. Grayson wasn't far behind me with Mathews as his guide. We began to make our way to the front of the prison.

The last time a group of guards said 'today is your lucky day', I got released from prison. I didn't want to tell Grayson if this wasn't the case though, it could be something that the guards were pulling.

I wouldn't put it all past them, but Mathews seemed to be too new to take part in a cruel trick. But pure-pressure could be a factor also.

Grayson Creeds Point Of View

As soon as my mother spotted me in the front desk room of the prison, she almost knocked me over. She was already crying before my handcuffs were permanently taken off.

Today was the day that Colin and I get released from prison, though I was going first. Colin informed me very last minute though our mind link, once he made sure he knew where we were actually going.

My parents were here as was my beta, Evan. Oliver wasn't allowed to come—I guess someone had to stay with the pack—but honestly I was thankful for him not being here.

Five other people were here also, all of them had roughly the same color of white hair and shades of blue eyes as Colin's. Three of them I knew as his betas, one of them was a teenage boy, Spencer I assume, and then the last one was Colin's daughter; Marley.

Spencer was obviously nervous by the way his eyes were shooting around and how tightly he was gripping Marley's hand. Though Marley on the other hand looked a mixture of longing and excitement.

To see her dad for the first time in six months, no doubt.

One of Colin's betas, Tilly I think, had an easygoing smile on her face while the other one, Christian, looked excited. The last Beta, James though wore a neutral face—almost like he was analyzing us.

My mother clung to me as what I hopefully assumed were joyful sobs racking her body. Her frame was small press up against mine but I had gotten larger in stature since going into prison, a lot like Colin did.

"Oh my baby! My baby!" She cried as my father put a hand on her shoulder to try to calm her, since James sent us a raised eyebrow.

I hugged my mother back, and then my father and Evan.

Evan looked rather relieved that I wasn't hurt and finally now free to come back to the pack. I could tell that taking over Alpha duties wasn't his favourite thing in the world, the bags under his eyes said that much. Honestly he despised it, he was a beta by blood and preferred to sit back and help with the agreements. Really, manning a pack was definitely a two man job, if even that.

As soon as I was done hugging him, the door opened again and Colin came out with four guards flanking him. Obviously they were more grudging to let him out into the real world, but they really couldn't do anything about it at this point. Colin had a scarily blank look to his face. He was probably annoyed with the guards, he had four more of them. I had just the one who Colin had called Mathews who had escort me. Mathews didn't seem like the normal guard though.