Chapter 4: Inopportune

Rosy's POV.

I walked up to that evolved man, healed his wounds, and his eyes didn't fall off me until I was done. Marien had been right when she mentioned that they kept their gaze very fixed. They could stare at you for hours almost without blinking. They could stalk as predators. And I had been feeling quite nervous.

I returned with my companions who were talking. Marien had just treated Sirius's wounds, and he was bare-chested. I kept looking at him. I couldn't help it. They were all in great shape, with those muscles...

Marien cleared her throat, and I reacted. I smiled guiltily, and she chuckled. Sirius retired to put something on, and I stayed with them.

"So..." Marcos commented. "Rosy trying to hook up an EH."

I blushed and laughed with shame. I didn't think they would notice, how terrible.

"He's attractive," I excused myself. However, it was not so much an excuse because he was really handsome. They all had their charm. I remembered another detail. "But he looked at me weirdly."

"What did you expect?" Marcos asked. "He is an EH, don't think everyone is like Sirius." There he would start. "...You don't know anything about this one, you don't know if he was someone normal or belonged to his evolved army or whatever, which is most likely. You don't know if he has killed people, how many, by the way."

"Yes," I murmured. "I just don't know... I thought."

"And one more thing," he added. He wasn't going to give up on discouraging me. "You told me you are one of those girls who likes a man to say things like how pretty you look, or ask you out, go on a date, always tell you that he loves you, and things like remembering anniversaries. An EH doesn't do that, and there's Marien as a witness. She deals with one."

"Uh," she reacted. "Well, yeah... Something like that."

"You see?"

I made a face. He had won. I wanted a man who would make me feel loved, a normal relationship.

"You're right, now that I think about it..." I smiled. "Anyway, I still wanted to experiment. We don't know what they are like in bed," I added mischievously. They were stronger and savage, that in privacy, how would it be interpreted? Phew...

They both opened their mouths, almost in shock. Marcos raised his hands.

"Okay, well, I've heard enough," he exclaimed and stood up, indignant and blushing. I could see that my friend bit her lip smiling, sure imagining what I had just said. She couldn't fool me. "Two girls with raging hormones. Normal men are no longer enough for them."

"But what are you talking about?" John interrupted, making us jump with fright. "You're admitting you're not man enough. Max will know about this," he started to laugh and walk away.

"Come on, you imbecile, you better not say anything about this. I haven't seen a girlfriend of yours so far," Marcos started claiming him, and they got lost down the passage.

On the way to the dining room, my supervisor came across us and reminded me that I had to keep my hair tightly tied, or as he called it: "broom." Another reason to lower my spirits. Was it that curly hair was always going to be bullied?

Nobody wanted my curls, and nobody wanted me.

***

I had lunch in silence while around me, the others talked. I kept thinking about the honey-eyed boy, those sad and empty eyes, even though it was already another day. I shouldn't be delusional about him, he wasn't even human, but he had attracted me.