Chapter 21: Stay

Rosy's POV

I saw him sleep. It was already morning, and I was sad, but I wanted to be close to him, to give him happiness, even if he didn't remember me. It depressed me that he was the victim of his confused mind. I wanted to see him healthy and happy, that was all. Was it too much to ask?

He moved a little, blinked a couple of times, and looked at me but seemed not to notice or not care. He turned his face and looked away.

"Good morning," I murmured.

"Good day..."

"How do you feel?"

"Pretty good. Can I go now?"

I tried not to let him see how discouraged I was to hear him say that.

"Well... not until the doctor says so...."

"Hmm," he stared at the ceiling in annoyance.

I stood up.

"I'll let you rest until later," I said goodbye. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, and I couldn't help but smile.

Even annoyed, I found him charming. Maybe I just had to be thankful that we got him back. I could solve his loss of memory by getting close to him again. All that was left of the night, I was meditating on that.

I walked into the break room and sighed. John was there and was somewhat intrigued.

"Did he wake up better? Did he remember?" he asked, and I silently denied it. He came closer. "Don't worry. We could see the number and the inscriptions on that chip. George will try to track down where it was made, how many are out there, and all that stuff. I'll help you...." I nodded sadly. "Hey, uh... Do you remember we hang out and, well... I acted like an idiot... I want to make it up to you."

"How?"

"I'll go south to Areq city for a few days for an investigation, but when I return, let's have a date. See, you were always happy before you met that troublesome evolved guy." He blew out a frustrated sigh. "I realized I don't like seeing how you are now...." I was surprised. "Truly, no one deserves your tears..."

He took my chin for a few seconds, tightened his lips, and left.

***

I brought the tray of food, and Acrux was already dressed up. It was obvious the rush he was in to leave. He smiled after seeing the meat on the plate and then looked at me for a second. He cleared his throat and frowned again.

"What's your name?" He wanted to know.

"Uh...Rosy."

He nodded.

"Thank you for bringing me the food."

"A pleasure," I replied with a sweet smile, something that seemed to throw him off a bit. "I have this too." I showed him a small carton of milk.

He took it doubtfully, and my smile widened, but it faded when I saw how he scrutinized my face. I felt how I was blushing because of that.

"Thank you..." He stopped looking at me and blinked in confusion.

He got ready to eat, so I left for the door.

"Can you tell me how we met?"

I came back in surprise.

"Well... We took you out of their control not long ago, and you were here with us... You and I... We're good friends, actually."

He eyed his food intrigued.