Chapter 28: Emptiness

Acrux's POV

Tortured by memories, I couldn't even think about sleeping. In my mind, my mouth ran over a girl's soft skin and devoured some delicious lips. Rosy... Those dreams with her. Did it happen or not? She didn't say anything to me, so maybe not. I was getting crazier.

I could do something. I could go and talk to her, ask her...

No. She would think me crazy if it didn't happen, which was the most probably. However, I liked to repeat the images of her undressing before me until she was left in those tiny clothes. It was wrong, very wrong. Where did my mind get that from if I had never seen a woman's body? Never, no matter how curious I was. It was of terrible morality. It was one hundred percent restricted. From where, then?

My mind had guessed and exactly duplicated her body and shape since I verified it when Rosy half-naked in front of me when I slept with her. It meant that maybe I had seen her before.

Whatever it was, it was the most beautiful view of my life. I was burning inside to see her, to sleep holding her. The tears I saw her shed still hurt me as if they were stuck in my chest like knives, each and every one. My Rosy... who practically kicked me out of her room when I went to see her because she wasn't eating and because of the storm. And I didn't expect less, really.

I raised my hands to my head. I didn't dare to go see her after treating her like this. What was I thinking? Ah, yes, that I would go with Meadow when everything was over here.

I saw her sleeping. I was in an armchair, taking care of her. She didn't want me to get away, although I did it to see Rosy when I heard her low scream. I was sure Meadow heard it too, and I left without even explaining. I wouldn't do it again. I found her more scared coming back. How to leave her if she was always important to me? What she had experienced in that place, locked up, suffering, all because apparently someone bent on revenge had been looking for me.

Revenge. How ironic. I took a deep breath and, leaning back against the seat, looked up at the ceiling. I huffed in frustration. Not even distracting myself or thinking about other things made me forget about wanting to see Rosy and lose myself in the dream of her aroma and laughter. The laughter that lived more in my hallucinations than in reality.

I could go and explain things more smoothly. No, indeed, she was already asleep... in that case, I could just go and watch her sleep. I looked at Meadow, and she was fast asleep. I got up slowly and went out.

Walking through the corridors, I saw her room empty, and I was intrigued. Or rather, I worried. What if, instead of getting better, she got worse? I jogged to where I heard voices, finding Max talking to John. The guy said something about his work almost being done, and they said bye.

I caught up with John quickly, bumping into something: Rosy's scent.

"Is Rosy alright? She's not in her room."

"Yes. She's already very well. She just preferred to leave and stay elsewhere to sleep."

"W-what? Why? Where?"

And why did he have her scent?

"It's not your business anymore. I'll take care of her, like before." Something in my stomach started to burn. He took a few steps away but seemed to remember something and turned around. "I was going to tell you to get away if all you were doing was making her unhappy, but I see you reacted earlier on your own. Good."

"None of my business? It is. And if I asked her not to follow me, it was for her own good. Stop talking like she's your friend and no one else's. She's still mine...!"