Chapter 13: New destiny

Without remorse, I bit and hit those who attacked me. I could hear that Rosy's friend had taken her, and I hoped she was safe, but I wasn't going to take long to look for her later.

The cry of one of the brothers alerted me. I punched the evolved man who was coming to attack me and ran. I lunged at the one biting Alpha, and we crawled on the ground. I immediately bit him and ripped flesh, got punched back, and fell to the side. Another dug its claws into my back, thwarting my escape; I growled more and turned quickly to free myself. The guy was about to attack me again, but Jaguar met him, and I stood up, taking advantage of that.

A group of evolved men followed Rosy's path, which worried me. I wanted to go after them, but so many prevented me from advancing that I couldn't.

No, Rosy, no. If they found her and did something to her, I would never be able to forgive myself. She would no longer be around with her contagious happiness. The thought of losing her suddenly became unbearable, filling me with indescribable fear. I pushed aside the evolved men without stopping to fight them, one came from the front, but I knocked him aside while running towards where the others left.

The EH stopped their attack at that instant, but I didn't stop to see why. I ran through the smell of strawberries and crossed some empty passageways, worried that I wouldn't hear anything.

I sniffed out two of my kind, but it was too late. They came out from the side and rammed me, smashing into the concrete wall and the air rushing out of my lungs. I growled, struggling to free myself, and we entered the strange room. They had me immobilized when someone else showed up, and recognizing him made my blood stop.

The human was dressed in black, with black hair and black eyes. The memories came rushing back.

"You're back; from what I see, you always come back. Where is your friend?" he asked teasingly.

I let out a savage growl, baring my fangs at him, my chest vibrating. I probably looked like a rabid dog. The damned man had dared to come and speak to me.

"You know? You should've removed your tracking chip." He walked to the side without concern, "That has saved me a lot of time. From what I see, the brothers have also followed you."

"Weren't you looking for your governor?" I growled through my teeth.

"He is safe." I was a little surprised to hear that. "He has allied himself with the evolved savages, and they are about to spread the dangerous toxin in the city. Everyone will die, but the culprits will be your kind. Don't you think it's ingenious?"

"Of course not!"

Rosy's crying caused me to drop in temperature. I turned around only to see how two evolved men had her and her friend.

"We won't be here by the time it's over, but every second counts. Come with me, and my men will get your little human friends to safety."

"Acrux, no...!" Rosy asked, but the EH covered her mouth, and she cried.

Why was she so worried? I was going to go if I knew that way, I could get revenge. However, they would control me again, which would prevent it. On the other hand, I didn't want Rosy to die. She still had a lot, and I had nothing, only a thirst for revenge and death.

The man pulled out a gun and aimed it at me. Rosy let out a scream behind the hand of the one who silenced her and continued crying. I growled at the guy again, daring him to do it, to shoot me.

"That's the attitude," he said with his sick smile. Someone called him on his mobile, and his expression faded when he heard what they said. I managed to hear that his plan with the toxin had been ruined. "Oh well." He put his phone away. "I think there is a change of plans." He smiled again, although his nervousness was evident. "What matters is that, for my part, I already have what I wanted. As for you, it seems you don't mind dying, and you will surely see me again because something drives you to look for me, or am I wrong? You want revenge... I wonder what you would do if..."