Bonus chapter 2: A new beginning

Acrux's POV

I met Max and Sirius on the terrace of my house after having been to a small and quiet celebration for my recent union with my curly girl. I already felt hers completely, but I hadn't stopped wanting to join her, my whim. We found out that EH and humans could conceive a baby, but we had no plans at the moment. She wanted to improve her career first, be with me, and I was undoubtedly going to please her. Besides, I was also starting to be helpful in the town and spend time with my mother.

"Hector is earning points for good behavior," Max commented.

"Surely."

"At least he won't bother you again."

"Yeah. It's done," Sirius said, leaning on the wooden edge and looking up at the night sky.

He took a sip of the juice in his hand.

"Well, for now," Max spoke.

That seemed strange to us.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing..."

"No. You know something. Say it," Sirius insisted.

"Ugh. It's not important, but anyways. Let's say I remembered that we lost track of the stolen virus." We were concerned. "But, nah! Don't worry. It must be around. Not that much could be done with it. We'll find it. We've already caught all the troublesome men, so forget about it."

"Hum..." I drank my juice.

I got the feeling that maybe I knew some information about that virus, but perhaps I didn't, and maybe it wasn't important, or it just seemed to me. I shrugged and drank more juice.

Marien came and left with Sirius. Max also left saying that he had to win round a poor evolved woman, who, although she didn't seem interested in him, didn't push him away, so I didn't wonder more about the matter either.

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled gently for a kiss, my Rosy.

"Let's Dance?"

"Of course, love," I whispered, kissing her forehead.

She bit her lip.

"And then we go to misbehave."

"Mmm," I purred. "Alright, my beautiful."

***

Time passed, and I lived from here to there with Rosy for almost five years. I accompanied her. I made love to her countless times and would continue to do so. She had taught me so much about nearly everything. We were like one, and I wasn't afraid to show my love, whether in my town or with mom.

"When are you going to have offspring?" mom asked once.

I was stunned.

"M-mom... I don't want to pressure Rosy."

And the truth was, sometimes I was scared. She always mentioned how much she liked having me all to herself and that we weren't tied down by children like her friends were. I saw that they hardly had fun anymore, and she still wanted to live her life.

I understood that it had to be planned, and although I did want to have a mini Rosy, I was hesitant to tell her about it. She had studied for a master's degree and was looking for a job that would give her a chance to connect from wherever she was and thus live with me in the town, near her friend, who lived here.

"Rosy is not picking up the phone, so I was wondering if you could do me a favor..." her friend asked on the phone.