Chapter 8: Dealing with the kitten

Rosy's POV

I was very concerned when I saw that he was beaten. Although he was strong, I couldn't help but want to take care of him. He attacked again but was retained by Sirius. They grunted as they struggled, and when we entered, perhaps that distracted them for a few seconds, as it was enough for Acrux to nudge Sirius and break free.

Max came over to speak to Marien, and I was still and nervous when I saw my honeyed eyes man come to me.

"Good afternoon."

I wanted to try to seem relaxed, although it was said that they could even hear our heartbeat if we were close enough, and they also smelled the adrenaline.

"Hello. You beat him," I commented.

"Uh," he seemed to hesitate for a second, "yes." He crossed his arms proudly. "Yes, I beat him."

I smiled. He fumbled for something in his pocket, and I was surprised to see that it was strawberry candy. My smile widened when he gave it to me.

"Thanks." I had blushed.

"I said you smelled like strawberries, and this reminded me of you."

I gave a very short, half silly laugh. That shampoo I hated so much had turned out to bring me good luck.

"Well, I heard you guys went to attack another facility."

"That's right," he answered, satisfied. "They don't know what hit them."

"Did you find anything useful? You know, about your past."

"I don't know. I'll check what I got later... Why didn't you come yesterday?"

That unexpected question surprised me.

"Uh... Well, since my friend didn't come, I thought I had no reason to do so." I felt a bit ashamed because I didn't dare to come to see him alone. That wasn't the Rosy that I had always been. "Maybe I was making you uncomfortable... I don't know."

He raised his eyebrows in some concern.

"No, not at all," he assured in a soft voice.

My heart raced. Max called them to continue with what they had to do, and he left after giving me one last look.

From time to time, he would turn to see me, and my stomach tingled. He looked so much more attractive when he was looking for me with those pretty eyes.

***

When they finished, I saw that Marien was about to leave. I smiled at Acrux despite my slight nervousness, and for the first time, he also responded, smiling with closed lips, making me happy. There was a change, as he had even greeted me from afar when I arrived.

I left the building together with my friend. After taking a few steps, I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder.

"Hey, young lady." It was him. My heart spiked a beat, and I turned to see him. "Would you like to dine with us?"

Oh, God. He was inviting me to dinner... well, we wouldn't be alone, but it was an invitation. I looked at my friend, and she encouraged me to accept.

"Sure," I replied, smiling.

I saw him smile, it was the first time he had smiled at me like that, and his smile was very seductive. Even with the canines somewhat longer than an average man's, he was sexy. I was stunned. I walked beside him, and we entered the place again, heading for the dining room.

Max and Tania stared at me with the half-eaten food in their mouths. It made me laugh, especially at Tania. Of course, I was angry by how clingy she had been with my EH when they fought. He had done it without knowing, but indeed she wanted to seduce him with it in some way.