Chapter 33: Whims

Acrux's POV

I smiled, ecstatic when I woke up with her naked in my arms. I wanted to wake up like this for the rest of my life.

The contrast between her body with mine was dreamy. How did such a beautiful creature notice me? She was so delicate. I had hair almost everywhere, although I never cared or wondered why, unlike her. Funny thing. I was beyond fascinated with her feminine nature like I never was before. Our differences kept surprising me even though I already knew all her shapes by heart. It made me want to continue being strong to care for her, be hers, her sustenance, and make her mine with fervor. I would have time to explore her relentlessly later when we were alone in our own place, already united for life.

I buried my face in her hair, kissed her, heard her groan, and smiled again.

"My curly sleepyhead," I whispered. "I have to go."

"Okay. I'll drive you," she murmured sleepily.

I took advantage to remove her curls, lick her neck and begin to kiss her skin. My lips went over her shoulder as my hand was already on her hips down to her thighs. She giggled and groaned at the same time, entirely sleepily.

"I'm sorry to have to wake you up. If you like, I'll call Max to send someone to pick me up."

"No. I want to go with you," she said, turning. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, trying to fix her curls hastily. "Geez. I look like a mop. Look at this hair."

"I love it."

She smiled and fell on top of me to cover me with kisses. I chuckled. She got back up to get out of bed.

"Come on, kitty."

We showered between games, caresses, and laughter. After getting ready and dressed without stopping to see each other, we went to the parking lot. Apparently, she got a car to leave the city. Happily, she would no longer do it soon. There was enough time to finish here and go with her.

"I know it torments you to know that... you killed people and even your kind," she commented sadly as she drove, "but you shouldn't blame yourself.

I looked down. How not to blame me? I was convinced I did not deserve all the happiness I had known with her. There were many things that I didn't deserve, having blinded other lives, whether I was aware of it or not. Something inside me expected a punishment. Somehow I felt that all my life, I would wait for it. I would always come back to the same conclusion.

"Perhaps the most important step you must overcome is not to teach those guys a lesson but to face yourself and forgive yourself."

I looked at her out of the corner of my eye. She showed more sadness than she did a moment ago. I took a deep breath.

"Don't be sad, please."

We got to the fort. It hadn't been as far as I thought.

"I'll be waiting for you here." She looked into my eyes. "Remember that."

"Yes."

She leaned into me, so I did the same, knowing she wanted a kiss. We kissed slowly and intensely. I enjoyed her lips, scent, and skin's sweet taste. Her tongue slipped under my lower lip, and she smiled as she felt that gesture take me by surprise. I smiled too.

"I kiss you here because those men may be bothering you if I do it there."

"Let them dare," I refuted, giving her a short kiss.

I was infected with happiness by her laughter. Maybe that was what I could do to appease my guilt and conscience and make her happy. That gave me life and took away my anguish and blood stains.