Chapter 17: Silent goodbye

Since I was leaving, I'd visit Rosy. She told me not to go to the hospital because she wanted privacy... in her apartment. A slight nervousness came over me as I read her message.

Alone in privacy with her...

I looked for her, and it didn't take long to see her greet me happily from the second floor of the building. I smiled, feeling those eddies in my stomach and some adrenaline. I wanted to kiss her, touch her, and explore her. But even though I couldn't wait, I wasn't going to do anything wrong that might hurt her.

I went up to the second floor and had no problem following her scent, finding her apartment as quickly as the day before. She opened the door with a smile, ushering me in. I showed her my clenched fist and opened it to show what I got for her. She was surprised to see a little yellow bird.

"I caught it for you."

"Awwe!" She took it carefully and began to speak to it. "Poor thing. This wild cat has given you quite a scare, hasn't he?"

I opened my mouth, thinking of defending myself, but when I heard her laugh, I shrugged it off.

"Apparently, he has a bad wing. And no, it's not my fault."

"Don't worry, I know. I'll take care of him until he gets better."

She left him on a small plant that was in a pot, then she came over and crossed her arms.

"Are you still upset about what I said?" I asked cautiously.

She looked away in annoyance, closing her eyes. Her cheeks reddened. She looked like an angry child.

"Hmm," she blurted out.

"I didn't mean it. I meant them, the killers, not all humans. No..." But she didn't seem to react. I sighed heavily. "Curly girl. I didn't know how to express myself. It was my anger..."

She hung up on me to kiss me. I smiled and pressed her against my body without using all my strength. She took off the dark sunglasses I had put on so that people wouldn't be scared in the street, and her legs went around my waist as she started an intense kiss. I began to enjoy her delicious mouth when she flinched.

"Ouch."

"What?"

"Your fangs.

I snorted.

"Sorry...!" And she kissed me again despite that.

My temperature was rising and also building down. The heat went to that 'area' and asked me for more contact with her. Why? I shouldn't listen to it.

I tried to be more careful, but the thought that humans didn't have developed canines like us, and therefore she had never felt that detail in another man, somehow made me feel good.

However, again, I was surprised when I felt the tip of her tongue run over my lower lip.

"Are you tasting me?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes. I hadn't had enough of you already."

"Uhmm..." I dared to take a very light bite her pretty lip, careful not to let my canines get too involved. "I want to taste you more," I whispered.

"I'm going to miss you more than the other times."

She returned to my lips, strayed to my cheek, and down to my chin. I wanted to do the same, so I took her face in one hand and kissed her neck. She moaned softly, causing my strange desire to become almost overwhelming, plus her skin was as delicious as her mouth.