chapter 1 - flasback (i)

𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓼𝓽, (2004).

"Are you okay, Y/n?" his eyes were widened, instantly helped you to get up from the ground. He was really concerned as he noticed your scraped knees, "Y/n, I'm so sorry. What have I done?"

On the other hand, you were laughing instead, "Did I just fell in front of you? I'm so embarassed!" you took a peek at your knees and grinned, "Ah, don't worry! It doesn't hurt at all."

He seemed guilty for accidentally pushing you while both of you were playing, "But, Y/n, you are injured. This is all my fault." he then grabbed your small arm, taking you towards a bench, "Sit, Y/n."

You sat at the bench as he instructed you to. As you sat, he pulled out a small pack of tissue from his pocket and grabbed his water bottle, carefully wetted the tissue to dab it on your knees to clean it.

"Wow, you can be a doctor! Do you want to be a doctor when you grow up?" you innocently asked as you eyed his every moves.

"Haha, no way." he flashed a smile, continuing to pat your knees with the wet tissue.

"You should be my hero then!" you said cheerfully which made him chuckling at you, "You're always there for me. You're my superhero! Can you fly like superman?"

Satoru was amused by your adorable words. "Sure, I can be your hero but I can't fly. Can I still be your hero if I can't fly?"

"Yes, you can!" you chuckled while looking at him. You've always admired this person in front of you ㅡ his personality, gorgeous blue eyes, white hair, everything. "I want to be like you when I grow up."

"Like me? A superhero?" he lifted an eyebrow.

"I want to help people like you always help me. Remember when I almost fell from the stairs? You managed to grab me. And, the time where I got bullied by some boys, you approached them and they ran! And, and-" you carried on remembering the moments.

Your words comforted him. Although you were only 7 years old, you managed to make him feel good about himself, even his mother never praises or comforts him. He was always alone, but you were always there for him. You loved being with him.

"Let's eat ice cream tomorrow. My mom bought chocolate ice cream and she said I can eat it with you." you said, then randomly squeezed Satoru's hand. "Oh, your hands are bigger than mine."

"Of course. I'm a boy and it's normal for boys to be bigger than girls." he replied, pinching your chubby cheeks. "Hey, Y/n, do you want to go home?" he noticed the sky was getting d dark. Your mom already reminded him to be back before 5pm.

"But I want to play hide and seek!" you shook your head, pouting your lips at him, but he jokingly acted angry and you immediately nodded. "Fine, let's go."

"Here, hold my hand." he reached out his hand to you, which you gladly reached back to him.

As you and him were walking together while holding hands, you kept blabbering on and on about this and that which made him giggling. Even when he met you for the first time in a playground a few months back, you were the one approaching him first as you noticed he was alone so you decided to make friends with him. Ever since then, both of you were close to each other. He admired how friendly and sweet you were.

"Here we are." Satoru said as both of you arrived in front of your doorstep. Your house was just a few blocks away from him. "Make sure to take a shower and ask your mom to put some ointment on your knees."

"Oink what? Oink oink?" you spontaneously made pig sounds, resulting him to laugh.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n. Let's eat ice cream." he flashed a smile, then ruffling your hair.

"Yeay! Bye, my superhero!"

He watched as you entered the house happily. Deep inside in his heart, he promised himself to be with you, always.

~ end of flashback (i)