chapter 27 - surveillance camera

"I'm going on a date with him!"

(You what?!)

"Yeah, you heard it right."

(I can't believe you, Y/n. You're really serious about him!)

"I can't believe myself either. I hope everything goes smoothly."

(Tell me everything after the date! I wanna know. Don't even skip anything)

"Sure, Nobara." you smiled and checked the time, "Oh, it's already 1:30AM. Aren't you going to sleep?"

(Not really. I have some work to do though. I hate my new manager. She's so fucking annoying!)

"What happened?" you asked while laying on the bed.

(She loves giving everyone including me last minute tasks and needs them ASAP?! Bitch, the thing is, almost all of the tasks are impossible to complete in one day!)

"Okay, that's annoying."

(She's stressing me out! Everyone hates her)

"Hmm, I think you shouldㅡ"

You stopped talking after hearing the doorbell ringing at this hour.

"Someone rang the doorbell."

(Huh? At this hour? Is it your boss?)

"Not sure." you walked out of your room with your phone, heading towards the door. You looked through the peephole to see who it was but there was no one. "Weird. There's no one."

(Seriously? That's weird)

"I'm freaking out a little right now." you said as you could already feel your heart beating fast. "Maybe there's a ghost."

(No, no. Relax, okay? I'm here)

You then decided to open the door a bit and noticed a piece of paper at the doorstep. You immediately picked it up and locked the door. Your eyes widened as soon as you read what was written on it ㅡ "I already know where you live"

"N-Nobara.." you called for her with your voice slightly shaking. "Someone left a letter.."

(What? What did it say?)

"I already know where you live."

(Y/n.. Do you want me to come over? I don't want you to feel scared)

"N-No, it's fine. It's not safe for you to be out at this hour." you said, inhaling air deeply and exhaled. "Don't worry. I'm okay. I need to be calm."

(Did you lock the door already? Maybe you should tell Nanami? Or Suguru?)

"Suguru lives 30 minutes away. Never mind, I'll tell Kento."

Nobara was really concerned but you reassured her that everything was fine. You then ended the call and decided to text Kento. You didn't want to disturb him but he was the only man you knew that lives nearby.. Too near.

Y/n
kento i'm really sorry to bother you
but i'm really worried
someone left this at my doorstep just now
[attached a photo]
seen

"Eh? That's quick?" You noticed Kento had already seen the text but he didn't reply. You then put your phone aside and sat at the sofa, thinking who would've left the letter. Could it be Mrs. Gojou? Since Satoru knew where you live, he must've told his mother?

After 20 minutes, you were almost asleep on the sofa until the doorbell rang which caused you to be fully awake. You were getting scared but as you looked through the peephole, it was Kento..... and Satoru?