chapter 23 - getting engaged soon?

It was finally the day that your mom decided to stay at her house again after weeks of staying with you. Some of the neighbours helped to repaint the house and even offered to guard the house when your mom wasn't home. You thanked them so much for their kindness.

Your aunt from Kansai came to visit your mom and stayed for a few days to accompany her.

Once everything was settled, you called Nobara to hang out at Erika's café. Luckily, she was not working so she was quick to respond to you and drove there to the café.

"It took you only 20 minutes to get here after I called you." you said to her as both of you were seated at the corner of the café. "I'm impressed."

"Punctuality is my thing." she proudly said, and you just rolled her eyes. "So, how are things with your mom?"

"My aunt is accompanying her. The neighbours are really helpful too. I'm so grateful." you said, "I just hope she won't get bothered again. If not, I'm literally going to go crazy."

"You're sure it was your friend's mom who did it?"

You nodded your head, "Yes. So sure."

"I don't understand why she would do that." Nobara said, "She's mentally ill."

"I know." you almost laughed.

Both of you ordered some desserts and drinks.

"Okay, I have something to tell you." you began and Nobara was eager to know, "Suguru asked me outㅡ"

"Holy moly!" Nobara was quick to cut you off even though you weren't finished talking.

"Let me finish. He asked me out but there's going to be Junpei, Haruto, Dami and.. he asked me to tell you too if you want to tag along."

"Wait, what?" Nobara raised an eyebrow, "To where exactly? Disneyland?"

"Yeah. How do you know?"

"Dami kept talking about it but she didn't really invite me." she explained, "I don't mind anyways. So, do you wanna go?"

"No. I don't think I want to go if Dami is going." you straightforwardly said.

"If you're not going, I'm not going either."

"What am I going to say to him?" you asked for Nobara's opinion.

"Just tell him you have plans with your mom or something. I'm sure he'll understand." Nobara gave you an idea which you thought it was okay to use.

Then, a waiter came by to serve the desserts and drinks. Before digging in, Nobara managed to snap a few pictures before posting it on her social media.

"Did Yuji tell you?" Nobara said after sipping her iced peach tea.

You looked at her with a blank expression, "Tell me what?"

"Yuji won this one lucky draw event and he literally got to meet and greet with Jennifer Lawrence! He's fucking lucky I tell you."

"The heck? Seriously?" you were surprised, "He didn't tell me!"

"I actually knew about it from Megumi. So basically Yuji didn't tell me too." Nobara giggled, "Anyways, happy for
him though."