chapter 10 - meeting satoru and his mother

The next day, you decided to come really early to work for no reason. You just felt like it.

"You're early today, no?"

"Okay." was your only reply but your eyes were still fixed to the computer screen. You knew who it was but you didn't have the mood to look or talk to anyone at the moment. Besides, you just had your first day of period and it hurts so bad.

"But seriously, why are you early today?"

"Can't I come early to work?" you slowly turned your head around to look at the most annoying person ever in your workplace, Mahito. "Can you just mind your own business?" you said sternly to him which scared him. Apparently, everyone knew how annoying Mahito is.

"R-Roger that!" you could hear him stutter before running away.

You just watched him running to his desk before returning to your computer screen. Now, you can finally do your work in peaceㅡ

"Y/n, you're here!"

It was Maki this time. You couldn't get mad at her so you flashed a smile instead. She's the closest to you anyways. "Hey." you greeted.

"The CEO's son wants to see you." she informed which made your legs tremble instantly.

"T-The CEO's son? Why?" you began to get nervous. "Did I do anything wrong?" also, speaking of the CEO's son, you never knew what he looked like.

"No, silly. I heard he's amazed with your work," she said, then gestured you to hurry up to the CEO's son's office. "You better hurry. Inumaki said he can be impatient sometimes."

Of course, Inumaki would know that. He's the secretary of the CEO. He probably meets the CEO's son often.

You left your desk as you headed towards the CEO son's office. Honestly, you never knew who's the CEO's son even though you've been working there for 3 years. Besides, the son rarely gets involved in anything. It was a bit scary when he suddenly called you out to meet him. As you finally stood in front of his office, a man escorted you in and you couldn't believe your eyes.

"Eh?"

Your eyes slightly widened at the sight of him, "Hello there." he politely greeted and gestured the man who escorted you in to leave, "Before we start, may I ask, how long have you been working here?"

"3 years." you replied.

"I see." he nodded, "Come, have a sit."

You awkwardly sat, facing him. "I'm so sorry but I have no idea that you're the CEO's son. I'm such a bad employeeㅡ"

"Don't say that. You're doing a good job here and that is the reason why I called you. I really admire your neat work." he looked through some files which were unexpectedly yours. "I really appreciate and treasure employees who put all of their efforts into their tasks. It shows your dedication and hard work. And, I see that in you."

You became so emotional all of sudden after hearing his words. You almost teared up which he noticed. "Thank you so much for the kind words." then, a tear rolled down your cheek and got you pretty embarrassed.

"Oh my, this is an unexpected reaction." he reached out a box of tissue for you and slightly smiled. "Anyways, I would like to offer you to be my secretary."

HOLD ON.

"I talked about this to my father and he agreed. But, it's your choice. I won't force you. I know this is sudden but someone recommended you to be my secretary. That person told me that among all the employees here, you're the most suitable one."