chapter 3 - the reunion party

𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝔂.

It was around 8pm where Nobara and you finally arrived at Junpei's huge house, one of your classmates back in university. He posted on group chat a few days ago where he planned to throw a reunion party at his place and everyone agreed. Besides, it has been 4 years since everyone started their own lives after graduating.

"Isn't it weird that he lives here alone? I heard he doesn't even have a job so how can he afford to live in this house?" Nobara whispered to you before she rang the doorbell.

"His father is a well-known surgeon and his mother is a fashion designer. Yuji told me this." you explained to her, "And, he's an only child so he probably gets everything he wants."

"Shit, no wonder."

The door slowly creaked open, revealing Junpei with a messy ponytail. He looked good now compared to 4 years ago. He used to have short hair back then. "Y/n, Nobara, glad to see you guys! Come on in!"

Both of you followed Junpei from behind as he led to the living room where a few of your classmates were. You could feel the awkwardness arose in you as Nobara ran towards Dami, one of her close friends, so you were left alone.

"Hey, Y/n!" Haruto waved his hand at you, which you waved back at him. Haruto was one of your best guy friends back then other than Yuji and Fushiguro. But, ever since he got married a year ago, he never got in touch with you anymore.

Yuji also told you that his wife can be quite narcissistic sometimes and controls everything.

"Hey, Haruto." you flashed a smile at him, "Long time no see. How are you?"

"I'm good! You?" he asked back, and you could sense the awkwardness in his tone but it didn't matter though. At least, he made an effort to talk to you.

"I'm good too. Just a bit busy with work but everything is fine." you replied, "How's Erin?"

"She's currently carrying a little ray of sunshine in her tummy." Haruto grinned shyly.

"Oh, congratulations!" you felt excited, sincerely happy for him and you were 100% sure that he would be an amazing dad.

"Hey!" Yuji interrupted both of you.

"Yuji, my man!" Haruto high-fived him, laughing together, "Wait, why are you still short?"

"Okay, that's rude." Yuji's smile dropped instantly, "You look really old since you got married."

You, on the other hand, were entertained by them. One minute they were fine, and now they were roasting each other.

"Where's Megumi?" you asked Yuji which he pointed towards the backyard. You made your way there to find him and you saw him chilling alone at a wooden gazebo. "Megumi." you called for him. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, hey." he replied, his voice slightly cracked. "As usual, my social anxiety is kicking in."

"Oh." you looked at him, concerned. "Then, why did you come? Did Yuji forced you?" you were ready to kick Yuji's ass if he did.

Megumi was always the quiet type and didn't socialize that much even in high school. He did mention before that he would get nervous as heck when he meets people. But, surprisingly, he had a quite number of fangirls.

"Nah, I was planning to overcome this anxiety so that's why I came. But, I need a moment to breathe." he said, which you immediately understood.

You left the gazebo to give him some time alone. As you were making your way inside, your ex-crush was there at the sliding door, looking at you as if he was waiting for you to come in. Hey, Y/n," he gave you a smile ㅡ a smile you used to admire.