chapter 9 - the hot neighbor next door

"Let's order pizza!" Nobara chirped while scrolling through her phone, lying down on the rug on the floor.

"Mm, sounds nice." you replied lazily, not having any strength to do anything. You just lied down on the sofa ever since you came back to your apartment around 5 hours ago. It felt awkward to look at your mom's face after hearing all those things from Mrs. Gojou and she didn't even try to explain or anything after she left. She just headed straight back to her room and didn't come out. So, you left.

"Pepperoni or cheese?" Nobara asked, making you choose.

"Why are you making me choose only pepperoni and cheese?" you asked her back.

"Those are the only ones that have 50% off." she cracked a cheeky smile which made you smile as well.

"Both!"

As Nobara and you waited for pizza, you started to open up about what happened earlier at your mom's house.

"I ended up offering to pay on my mom's behalf." you explained. "And, I'm still speechless. Everything she said about my mom, I was literally speechless."

"Hm, are you sure your mom did those things? As far as I know, your mom's not the type to do things like that."

You shrugged, "I don't know. She didn't even bother to explain to me what actually happened." you let out a sigh, "That woman is actually my childhood friend's mother."

"Ah, you've told me before you had a best friend when you were 7. So, he was there too?"

"No, just his mother. But, I really wanna see what he looks like now." you started to smile as you recalled the past, "He has blue eyes and white hair. He's so unique and you literally can't take your eyes off of him. I loved him so much and he was really like a brother to me. But, I don't know why he started to shut me out when he moved to Canada."

"Shut you out?" Nobara questioned.

"He would send parcels to me every month with a handwritten letter inside and I did the same for him. But, he stopped sending them." you trailed off, "Even if I send him things, he won't send anything back. It's like he stopped just like that so I stopped too."

"That's weird." Nobara furrowed her eyebrows. "So, that was it? You guys didn't contact each other at all after that?"

"I did try asking my mom to reach for his mother but his mother seemed to shut us out too. Everything was weird. So, I decided to move on and gradually forget about all of it. Then, this happened. Now, I'm remembering everything." you sighed as you buried your face into your hands, then looked at Nobara, "Ugh, now I miss him. I know he's here in Japan."

"You should really meet him." Nobara suggested, "Try talk to him and hear his explanation?"

"I don't know. Oh and um, I'm meeting his mother tomorrow. I really want to hear more about what happened between her and my mom."

"What? Don't you think you should hear your mom's explanation first?" Nobara was worried if you trusted Mrs. Gojou more than your own mom.

"Don't worry. I'm not on anyone's side. I just wanna hear her version of the story." you gave a reassuring smile at Nobara, "and maybe I could ask her about Satoru."

"Okay. So what time you're meeting her?"

"During my lunch break, I guess. Ugh, and I have a fucking meeting tomorrow." you let out a sigh and got up from the sofa, stretching your limbs. "Someone asked me out by the way." you started as a smirk formed on your lips.

"Bitch, no way!" Nobara was shocked, she even covered her mouth with her hand. "Are you fucking serious? Suguru?"

The sound of the doorbell ringing distracted the both of you. "I think it's the pizza guy!" Nobara said, heading towards the door and opened it, and yes, it was the pizza guy. "Ah, thanks so much!" she smiled as she took the pizza from him, then immediately closed the door back. "Okay, let's eat!"

Both of you enjoyed the pizza while gossipping.

"Yuji told me that Dami was Suguru's ex." you said, while indulging the pepperoni pizza with Nobara on the wooden floor of your apartment. She literally almost choked on her pizza.

"W-What? Dami? How? When?" she was surprised by the news. "How come I don't know shit?"

"Dami forced him to be her boyfriend but at the same time, she was with Leo."

"Okay, that's fucking messed up!" she frowned, shoving another slice into her mouth, "I can't believe she did that!"

After gossiping for almost an hour, you realized that Nobara and you only ate the pepperoni one, and the cheese one was not even touched. Both were large sized.

"Um, I'm stuffed." you looked at Nobara, then at the pizza. "I don't think I would repeat eating pizza again tonight,"

"I have an idea." Nobara winked, grabbing the cheese pizza and headed straight to the door. You just watched her without realizing that she was actually trying to give the pizza toㅡ

"Kugisaki Nobara!" you called her out, your eyes slowly grew bigger, instantly running to her and grabbed her arm. "Don't tell me you're.."

"Yes, I'm giving this to your hot neighbor next door!" she smiled and didn't hesitate to stand in front of his door. She rang the doorbell twice, and the door slowly opened. You were there watching at your doorstep.

There he was, with a messy hair as if he just woke up. He was wearing a white shirt and sweatpants. He didn't wear his glasses, "Yes, may I help you?" he asked.

"We kinda have extra so we decided to give you." Nobara flashed a smile as she passed him the pizza.

"Oh, thank you." he thanked Nobara and then looked at you, "So, I don't have to cook dinner for myself then."

"Yeah, you don't have to! Hope you enjoy the pizza!" Nobara said excitedly before pulling you inside of your apartment. After closing the door, Nobara looked at you and squealed, "Bitch, he's hot as fuck!"