chapter 7 - the unexpected truth?

Next morning came by quick, and you were already up around 7am while your mom was still asleep in her room. You went to the kitchen to grab something to eat but was interrupted by a call from Yuji. It felt strange to get a call from him early in the morning.

"Hey, Yuji. What's up?" you picked up, leaning against the kitchen counter, eyes staring at a box of your favourite cereal.

(Y/n, I have an interesting tea to tell you!)

"Yuji, are you okay? As far as I know, you would wake up around 12pm." you said.

(Well, I haven't slept yet actually. I played games with Junpei since 1am and that was when he told me this and I knew I had to tell you!)

"Okay, what is it?" you grew curious.

(Suguru was Dami's ex-boyfriend! But, they only dated for 2 weeks or so)

"Holy shit. Really?" you were actually surprised to hear this, "When was this?"

(Around February this year but they didn't really tell people about it. Junpei said Dami was the one who forced Suguru to be her boyfriend. She was desperate)

"Whoa, that's messed up. But, isn't she with a guy named Leo? I thought Leo is her boyfriend?" you were puzzled. If you were not mistaken, they were in a relationship for 3 years already.

(What if I tell you that Dami had 2 boyfriends at the same time?)

"No way!" you gasped, "I didn't expect Dami would do that!"

(Dami and Leo did break up but only for 2 days and they got back together again but at the same time, she was with Suguru)

"Bitch, what's her problem?" you frowned, "You know what? I noticed she was trying to get Suguru's attention that night at the party. And, did you see how she stared at me that night? She was like trying to kill me."

(Guess she still has feelings for him. But, can't deny that she's one desperate bitch. Good thing he dumped her as soon as he found out)

"Remember when Megumi rejected her during high school? She went crazy and even posted a picture of her crying on Twitter?" you recalled the moment and almost laughed. She really thought Megumi wouldn't reject her.

(If you're dating Suguru, better keep your relationship a secret just to be safe because I think she's not over him yet)

"Wait, what? Me and Suguru date? No, I don't think so." you denied, heart racing all of sudden, "But, he did ask me out."

(Holy shit! So you guys are dating now?)

"No, I mean, he wanted to go somewhere and asked me to accompany him, that's all. Is that even consider dating?"

(That's the first stage, idiot. I bet he's trying to get close to you)

"Should I date him? I don't know anymore. I'm confused. I'm not even sure whether I really like him or not." you let out a sigh.

(It's all up to you to decide, Y/n. I do think Suguru is a nice guy but yeah, it's up to you)

"If only I didn't go to that damn party. I was perfectly fine and happy with being single." you said, sighing afterwards. "I'll think about this laterㅡ"

You stopped as you heard someone ringing the doorbell.

Who would come at this hour?

"Yuji, I need to go now. Talk to you later, eh?" you said before hanging up. You carefully walked towards the door, and without looking through the peep hole, you just casually opened the door.