chapter 15 - should i meet her and talk?

As soon as Satoru and his mother arrived home from Mrs. L/n's house, he immediately went into his room and locked the door. He didn't really had the mood to talk to his mother since she kept mentioning her friend's daughter, Erika.

Well, Satoru had met her for the first time at a cafe. She was really kind, talkative and funny but he couldn't feel anything towards her. Not his type, probably. And, he didn't have any plans to date anyone but seemed like his mother couldn't understand that.

Then, he suddenly remembered that Y/n was about to say something but got cut off by his mother. "What was she trying to say?" he muttered.

He got up from tue bed and searched for a box where he kept the letters Y/n sent to him. He read them one by one and it made him wonder why she stopped sending them. He recalled that one time she sent him a huge package which contained packets of ramen, heart-shaped candies, chocolate-flavoured pocky and a letter but all of them disappeared the next day without a trace. He did ask his mother but she had no idea. It was still a mystery. He was a bit upset because those were all his favourite things to eat.

But, Y/n probably lost interest in him since he lived far away at that time, but that was just his theory. Deep inside, he wanted to know the story from Y/n's side.

He carefully placed the box back in his huge wardrobe and let out a sigh.

"Should I meet her and talk?" he asked himself and sighed again. He then shook his head, "Nope. never."

Satoru sat on his bed, scrolling through his contacts to find a certain someone's number to call.

(Hello?)

Satoru acted surprised as the person picked up the call. "Oh, didn't expect you would pick up the phone that fast."

(This better be important, Satoru)

"Aw, why? Are you busy?"

(It's my day off today)

"Then, you're not busy."

(What do you want?)

Satoru grinned. "When are you free? Can I come over to your place?"

(I am never free. And, don't come over)

"I really need some time to calm my mind from all the work. And to do that, I must come over to your place to lie down on that new expensive leather sofa of yours."

(How come you're a CEO but couldn't afford to buy a leather sofa?)

"Why are you so mean?" Satoru whined like a kid.

(Whatever. I really need to hang up now)

"Okay. I'll come over on Saturday!"

(I didn't say anything you could come over)

"Yes, you didn't. But, I'm coming anyways."

(You're the most annoying person I've ever met in my whole life)