chapter 25 - solve the problem

That night, Satoru took a shower and rested in his room while scrolling through his phone. He literally had nothing in mind until he recalled earlier where Erika mentioned that she told Y/n that she and Satoru were getting engaged.

He honestly felt uncomfortable since there was nothing between them at all. Of course, Satoru did notice that she was trying so hard to get his attention.

But, why couldn't I be honest with her?

Then, Satoru decided to go to the kitchen to grab something to eat until he accidentally spotted his mother carrying her handbag and was about to go out.

Again?

"Going somewhere?" Satoru asked, which startled his mother.

"Ohㅡ Satoru! You scared me." she said calmly and smiled, "Yes, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. My friend asked me to come over to her house to help her with something."

Satoru didn't really believe what his mother said.

"Are you sure? It's already 10 and it's late." Satoru said.

She frowned, "I am sure. Why? You think I'm lying?"

"Okay, take care." he quickly replied before going to the kitchen.

Once he heard the door was closed, he took this chance to call Yuta, his assistantㅡ "Yuta, where are you now?"

(Hanging out with my sister. Is there anything you need, Mr. Gojou?)

"Sorry but I need your help. Starting tomorrow, I need you to set a tracker in my mother's car. Make sure she's not aware about this."

(Roger that. I'll get one as soon as possible)

"Thanks a lot, Yuta. I'm starting to get suspicious now."

(Why? Did your mother do something?)

"I noticed she has been going out secretly at night recently. She has no idea that I know about it."

(I see. No worries, Mr. Gojou. I'll help you)

"Thanks."

Satoru ended the call, and sighed. He started to feel uneasy for some reason so he decided to go out as well. He went to his room to change into something more proper until his mind was having flashbacks of him and you.

Those flashbacks were making him feel things.

He just stood there, staring at the wall for a few minutes until his hand reached out to his phone to call Kento.

(Satoru, it's late. Why are you calling me now?)

"Where are you now? Can I see you? And why it's kinda loud there?"

(I'm having some drinks at a nearby bar)

"No wonder. Give me the location. I'm coming."

(Fine)

Once Kento gave him the location, Satoru didn't waste any time to drive his car to the place. As he arrived at the location, he wasn't expecting Kento would be in a crowded place like that. He was having a hard time searching for Kento as there were a few men there with blonde hair like him.

He called Kento but immediately hung up when he finally caught a glimpse of him at the corner of the bar. "Gosh, I didn't know you're okay with crowded bars?" Satoru asked as he sat next to Kento.

"I haven't had drinks for quite awhile so I really need it right now." he replied, and he didn't even care if the place was crowded or not as long as he could have a glass or two of beer.

"I see." Satoru just nodded and ordered a glass for himself as well. "You look exhausted, bro."

"Y/n said the same thing earlier. Maybe I need to take a few days off." he said after chugging down his beer.

"She's your secretary, right?" Satoru began to ask.

"Yeah. Someone recommended her so I offered her. She accepted the offer." Kento said, and he didn't plan to lie anyways. He knew sooner or later Satoru would find out.

"Oh."

"She's probably the most organized person I've ever known." Kento continued, "So, how did you find out that she's my secretary?"

"Erika told me both of you often visited her café."

Then, there was a short silence.

"Kento." Satoru called after sipping his glass of beer, "Do you like Y/n?"

That question made Kento look at him with a confused expression, "What? Me?"

"Hey, don't get the wrong idea. I'm just asking since both of you are quite close to each other." Satoru said.

"Satoru, don't tell me you like her?" Kento asked, squinting his eyes at the white haired man. Kento was actually teasing him.

"Why would I like her?" Satoru frowned.

"Y/n and I are just friends. Nothing more than that." Kento finally replied. "Since I have replied to your question, I have one question: have you solved your conflict with Y/n?"

Satoru looked at him, "Conflict?"

Kento was lazy to continue and he was sure Satoru knew what was going on between you and him. He only hoped that both of you would work it out together to solve it.

"This is my third glass already." Kento changed the subject, "And I'm not planning to have a fourth glass."

"One is already enough for me." Satoru said and suddenly he decided to ask Kento, "Can you give me Y/n's number?"

Kento shook his head, "Nope."

Satoru furrowed his eyebrows, "Seriously?"

"What are you going to do if I give you her number?" Kento asked, squinting his eyes again at Satoru.

Satoru went blank for a moment.

"See? You don't even know. It's better if you ask her yourself and solve the problem between the both of you. Honestly, I'm not comfortable if two of my friends are not in good terms."