chapter 5 - confused feelings

It was getting annoying day by day. You would receive personal messages from your classmates just to ask about Suguru after you muted the group chat. They could just mind their own business though.

"Shit." you cursed again after receiving a text from Sayaka, one of those who kept asking you questions about your relationship with Suguru. You turned off your phone and threw it aside. "I just don't understand why they're being like this. I just fucking don't." you complained while drinking a can of soda on the couch with Nobara. It was your day off and Nobara as well, so she headed to your place to hang out.

"I don't understand them too." Nobara sighed, eyes still focusing on the movie you both were watching. "You know what? I think they purposely do this to mess around with you."

"They're so annoying. Suguru told me that not even a single soul texted him to ask him about me." you said, then letting out a loud sigh. "I think they really do want to mess with me."

"But.." Nobara looked at you, "Do you still have feelings for him? You moved on from him, isn't it?"

"I don't have feelings for him anymore. But, don't you think he looked so handsome that night?" you said, then burying your face on a pillow. "Mmffhhhmm, I hate myself."

"Why do I feel like he's the one who has feelings for you?" Nobara said, "The fact that he chose you as his best match among the girls.. was a bit sus, you know?"

"Shit, about that." you suddenly remembered, "I didn't expect he would mention my name either." you couldn't deny that your heart was going crazy that night.

"Y/n, are you confused with your own feelings?" Nobara asked, squinting her eyes at you.

"Unfortunately, I am." you buried your face into the pillow again. It was all fine before you met him that night. "How I wish I didn't come to that party so I wouldn't have to experience this feeling."

"I honestly have this strong feeling that he already has a girlfriend. How come handsome guys like him don't have any bitches yet?" Nobara said.

"Yeah, you're right." you nodded even though you couldn't really guess why she said that. You didn't bother to ask. "By the way, have I told you about my new neighbour next door?"

"Nope. What's with that neighbour?" Nobara was uninterested at first but her eyes diverted towards you instantly when you mentioned it was a handsome guy living alone.

"I don't know his name but he's fine as hell. He has blonde hair and weird glasses on." you described him as his image appeared on your mind. You saw him a few times but didn't really initiated a conversation with him.

"Weird glasses?" Nobara lifted an eyebrow.

"But it looks good on him. If you're lucky enough, you'll see him. He usually leaves at 8:45am and comes back at 5:30pm like that." you said.

"Bitch, are you stalking him?" she almost laughed out loud. "First, Suguru. Now, your neighbour!"

Ding!

You checked your phone after a notification came in. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw the name Suguru ㅡ

Getou
hey Y/n

"Who's that?" Nobara quickly went to your side closely to see who it was, instantly furrowed her eyebrows. "Sus!"

"He keeps texting me lately after the party." you said, staring at your phone screen. "I don't know why but there's somewhere in me that still hopes for him to like me even though I just said that I don't have feelings for him anymore. I'm messed up."

"Y/n." she heaved a sigh, "You should really think about itㅡ"

Nobara couldn't even finish her sentence after it was cut off by an incoming call from your phone and it was from your mom. You happily picked it up since you really missed her, "Mom!"

(Y/n, I need you to come here. I don't think I'm safe here)

"What do you mean?" you got confused for a moment.

(She's coming tomorrow. She might kill me)

"Mom, what is this? I don't understand. Who is she? Why would she kill you?" you grew worried, your heart beating fast.

(Y/n, can you please come here and stay for the night?)

"Okay. I'll text you if I'm on my way." after that, you hung up but still, your heart was beating fast. She sounded scared, "Nobara, I think I need to go to my mom's house."

"Why? What happened?"

"I don't know. She didn't tell me the details but she sounded scared." you said, instantly headed to your room to change into something proper. Nobara just followed you from behind. "Oh my god, I'm so worried." you said, putting on a pair of jeans and a hoodie. "Hey, can you stay for the night here? Look after my apartment."

"Sure, no biggie." she did a thumbs up, "This means, I can see your neighbour!" she smirked.

"IF you can." you purposely emphasized the word 'if' to tease her. "Bye, babe." You grabbed your car keys, purse, phone and quickly headed out.