X: Living A Life of Denial.

chapter ten.
( living a life of denial. )

     Yue sits at the side of the main hall with both Artemis and M'gann

Yue sits at the side of the main hall with both Artemis and M'gann. While the three girls sit together and Wally stands off to the side enjoying the burrito he had brought with him, Superboy and Kaldur stand in the lit-up training area to spar.

M'gann couldn't peel her eyes away from Superboy's shirtless form, neither could Artemis– the two girls shamelessly checking out the clone as he fought against their friend. "Kaldur's, uh, nice," Artemis speaks up, leaning forward to glance over at M'gann. "Don't you think? Handsome, commanding... You should totally ask him out."

"He's like a big brother to me," M'gann giggles.

Yue sits between the two girls, her hair pulled into two sections over her shoulders as she finishes off the second plait. "Yeah, I think you forgot to add brotherly to the list," she comments. Artemis shrugs, then pulls the spare hair tie off her wrist and passes it to Yue, who smiles gratefully in return.

"Oh, but you know who'd make the cutest couple?" A teasing grin spreads across M'gann's lips. "Yue and Wally."

The words catch Yue off-guard, heat rising to her cheeks like wildfire as she pulls her knees up to her chest. "What?" She laughs awkwardly, then shakes her head.

"Right," Artemis scoffs, "Because she's so nice, and he's so... so Wally."

Yue had, time and time again, used that exact phrase when asked why she adored the boy. She could've said his humour, his goodness, or even the way he could effortlessly bring a smile to her face, but it was everything combined – everything that made him Wally – that had butterflies swarming in her stomach whenever she thought about him.

"Oh my god." Artemis breathes out the words quietly as she watches Yue's reaction, the way the girl turns bright red and goes quiet at the suggestion. "You like Wally!" The realisation was, thankfully, rather quiet.

"Artemis, shh." M'gann presses a finger to her lips, shushing the archer, as they both suspiciously glance over at Wally. He stands by himself, happily munching on a burrito and blissfully unaware of the girls' conversation.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Artemis can't help but snicker. "But he's so-"

"I know." Yue murmurs, fighting the urge to bury her face in her hands and never look anybody in the eyes ever again. "But he's just... He's Wally." She says with a lovesick grin that brings a grimace to Artemis' face.

"Yeah... I'll have to trust you on that one," the archer replies. "But if he ever does anything to hurt you, just let me know."

"He wouldn't." She's quick to shake her head in response. "Besides... He doesn't like me that way."

Artemis hums, "Yeah, because he's a total douche."

The girls fall silent as Red Tornado emerges from a hatch – the opening entrance to his own room – in the ceiling. Wally, scoffing down the last bite of his burrito, dashes over to the robot and stops him in his tracks. "Do you have a mission for us?" He questions.