XXV: The Usual Suspects.

chapter twenty-five.
( the usual suspects. )

     The Hall of Justice was closed to the public for almost the first time since opening day

The Hall of Justice was closed to the public for almost the first time since opening day. The Justice League's induction would be taking place outside in just under twenty minutes, and even with the winter snow piling high, crowds of civilians gathered outside for the occasion.

Yue couldn't believe just how much things had changed since the last time she was here. Not in September, in the middle of the awful simulation that each member of her team was still trying to shake off. But in July, the day that was supposed to be the day.

Even after burning almost all of his bridges, Roy would be the first original sidekick to join the big leagues.

"How are you feeling?" Kaldur asks, his arms crossed over his jacket and a soft smile tugging at his lips. The original sidekicks – himself, Dick, Wally, Roy, and Yue – stand off to the side in the Hall's library, proudly discussing the induction while waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. Artemis and Zatanna already sit on the couch giggling amongst themselves, while their newest member, Raquel, joins in.

"Like it's about time," Roy smirks.

With her hands tucked into the pockets of her red jacket, Yue nudges Roy's arm with her elbow, "Don't forget us now that you're in the League." She grins. "Remember we always wanted you on our team first."

"Recognised: Miss Martian, B-Zero-Six. Superboy, B-Zero-Five." The zeta-tube at the back of the room sparks to life, a yellow light illuminating the library as M'gann and Conner walk through the teleporter in their civilian clothes. With the Hall of Justice closed, the team were allowed to gather inside without their disguises.

"Hey!" Dick raises his voice to gather the team's attention, his lips curl into a teasing smirk as he walks away from the original sidekicks and towards the couch where the others begin to settle. "C'mon, guys, one picture of the whole team before Roy joins the League and gets too good for us."

Though Roy rolls his eyes at the younger boy's words, there isn't an ounce of hesitance in his body as he moves to stand next to the Gothamite.

"And who's exactly supposed to take this picture?" Conner raises a brow. "We're the only ones here."

Yue glances around the library with a shrug of her shoulders. The rest of the League were still going over their various speeches to the public, ensuring each and every word would reflect their hope for the new members. They had long since left the team to their own devices. "We'll set a timer," she suggests as she moves to stand behind the couch.

"I can do it," M'gann offers with a smile. While her phone hovers into the air, the rest of the team gets into place; Zatanna shuffles to the side and allows Raquel to sit between her and Artemis on the couch, Dick and Kaldur lean against the armrests on either side, and Roy leans down to be in the centre.