• 10 •

"Excuse me."

"I'm sorry, but I am not accepting offers from any companies right now." Yoongi said when he heard those words without looking at the person.

"What?" Jungkook said. The confusion was evident on his face because it was not the answer he was expecting from the other. "I'm here for Kim Taehyung."

"What?" It was Yoongi's turn to be confuse because everyone who knew Taehyung knows where he lived. By everyone, he meant their friends who knew Taehyung by heart. This confusion also adds to the fact that Yoongi was not known as Taehyung's friend by everyone since Jimin was always with Taehyung and not him. He prefer to live in the shadow.

"Isn't this where he lives? I was sure the address was correct." Jungkook scratched the back of his neck because of the confusion. The system in his car cannot be wrong because he dropped Taehyung off at this location for not just once, but twice already. There was a long silence, but then, something clicked.

"Oh! You're from the park!" They said at the same time.

"I'm sorry. I'm really bad at remembering people." Yoongi admitted.

"That's okay. We only met once. I am more surprised that you remembered. I apologized as well for not recognizing you because I was too focused on Joowon and Taehyung at that time." Jungkook politely said.

"I'm Yoongi, by the way. It's nice to meet you." Yoongi extended his hand for the other to shake. The younger shook it with a firm grasp which made Yoongi assure that he was not a bad guy. "Anyway, why are you looking for Taehyung?"

Before Jungkook can answer, a surprised Jimin came into the scene. Jungkook's presence did not surprise him since he already knew about the man, but the fact that his boyfriend was outside at this early hour made him shocked.

"Mr. Kookie! You did come. I'm Jimin, Taehyung's best friend. It is really nice to finally meet you." Jimin exclaimed. He stood beside his boyfriend as the two of them introduced themselves to Taehyung's guest.

"Hi, Jimin. I'm Jungkook. I was just looking for Taehyung. I have my presents for Joowon." Jungkook said. He points at his car that holds the presents for Joowon's birthday.

"I'm afraid that the party will be held later in the afternoon, but he told me that he will still meet you since they are on their way down to Joowon's school." Jimin told him. He had helped Taehyung prepare Joowon for his school since his best friend was too nervous to handle his chores at the moment.

"Mr. Kookie!" The three of them turned their head to the direction of the child who is running towards them.

"Careful. Careful." Jungkook walked towards him as well to prevent the child from tripping. He greeted the child by carrying him into his arms. "Happy birthday, handsome."

"Looks like Joowon grew too fond of Jungkook, hm?" Jimin nudged Taehyung's side as they watched Joowon and Jungkook hugged as if they know each other for a very long time when in fact, they just met weeks ago.

"Joowonie, don't run up to Mr. Kookie like that again." Taehyung scolded Joowon because he felt like it was inappropriate for the child to suddenly interfere in Jungkook's private space.

"It's okay, Tae. I don't mind. Are you on your way to Joowon's school?" Jungkook assured him. He doesn't really mind because he became fond of the child as well.

"Yes. I'm sorry for the sudden invite from Joowon. I didn't know. You didn't have to come. You must be very busy." Taehyung apologized. He gathered all of his strength to look at Jungkook even though there was a shade of red on his ears.

"We pinky promised, Tae." Jungkook said. He held up his pinky finger to Joowon who linked his tiny finger. "Let me take you and Joowon to his school."

"No! No! We'll take the bus." Taehyung declined the offer once again because he already felt he brought enough nuisance to the younger ever since they met.

"I insist, Tae." Jungkook said once again. Taehyung can feel the four pair of eyes on him. They were waiting for his responce to the other's offer.

"Okay." When he said those words, he felt his stomach become giddy again. He can see the smile on Jungkook and Joowon's face as he agreed.

As Jungkook placed Joowon inside the car, he opened the door of the passenger seat for Taehyung.

"Go get your man, Tae. Make mama proud." Jimin exclaimed as he pushed his best friend towards the car. Giggles escaped his mouth as he watched Taehyung enter the vehicle.

"You're enjoying this too much, babe. Let's go inside and make daddy proud." Yoongi squished Jimin's butt as he pulled the latter with him.

+

"Bye, Appa and Mr. Kookie. See you later!" Joowon waved at them as he enters his school. His teachers greeting him a happy birthday which made the child smile at them.

"So, do you have any plans for today?" Jungkook asked Taehyung as they walked back to Jungkook's car. "Do you also have classes today?"

"I don't have any classes, but I have errands to do for Joowon's birthday." Taehyung answered. He reminds himself to pick up the cake and the decorations after taking Joowon to school.

"Let me help you then." Jungkook offered again. This time Taehyung assures himself that he had to decline Jungkook this time because as much as he appreciates the other's kindness, he can't help but feel like he already brought too much burden.

"No. I can mana—" Before Taehyung can finish his sentence, Jungkook took Taehyung's hand to pull him towards the car. Jungkook just doesn't take no for an answer.

Taehyung's plan was long forgotten as he thought that maybe he can decline the other's offer next time if he can because his heart seems to tell otherwise.