• 6 •

It has been several days after the incident in the park. Taehyung is now getting ready to leave for the art gallery Mr. Jeon invited him to.

"I think I'll be home late but I'll go here afterwards. Just make sure he sleeps before 10, okay?" Taehyung reminded his friends to whom he left Joowon with. He cannot bring him to his mother because she had gone to their hometown. All of them were there including Hoseok, Namjoon, and Seokjin.

"We know. This isn't Joowon's first sleepover with us, dummy." Jimin exclaimed. Taehyung was too busy organizing Joowon's things to pay attention to his best friend.

"Lastly, do I look okay?" Taehyung asked, causing all of them to look at him.

"Yes, Appa!" Joowon was the first one to answer. Taehyung smiled at him.

"Seriously, Tae, what are you nervous about? This isn't your first art gallery." Seokjin said. He fixed Taehyung's suit and tie.

"But my professor invited me. I really think someone should come with me so that I won't look like a loser there." Taehyung pleaded to his friends.

"You won't look like a loser, Tae. And, you won't even remember that you have someone because you are too focused on the art." Hoseok exclaimed while grabbing a slice of pizza.

"Are you sure it's okay becau-" Before Taehyung can finish his sentence, Yoongi pushed him out of the door, knowing that the night will be over with him worrying about his son. "Wow! Thank you very much for that! Bye, Woonie. I love you!" Taehyung exclaimed at the door.

"I love you, Appa!" Joowon answered back. Though he cannot hear it properly, he knows that was what Joowon said.

On the way to the gallery, Taehyung was nervous but as soon as he stood in front of the gallery, his nervousness was replaced with awe due to the exterior of the gallery. The fact that the exterior already amazes him makes him more excited.

Before entering the gallery, he showed his invitation to the woman on the front desk. He realized that this was an exclusive event. He cannot believe that his professor invited him to such event.

As he was walking inside, he was even more surprised by the arts presented. Every art can be called masterpiece.

"Wine, Sir?" A waiter asked him holding a tray of wine.

"Thank you." He grabbed a glass. He wondered more inside. There were few guests so he was still able to move around to see every art.

As he was moving to the next painting, he heard claps from the entrance. Then, a spotlight was pointed to the person standing there. When he saw a better view of that person, he realized that it was his professor. He was surprised because it seems like Mr. Jeon was the man of the night. He watched as the man walked up to the stage. What more surprised him was the person who also went up the  small stage to stand beside his professor.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you to The JK Gallery. This was sponsored by none other than the JK Group. These designs were made by our chairman throughout his years." Jungkook exclaimed to their guest. The crowd proceed to clap as Mr. Jeon gave his speech.

This was the moment when Jungkook went down the stage. While opening the event, Jungkook already noticed Taehyung. He was wondering what the other was doing here as this was an exclusive event in their company.

"Hey, Taehyung." Jungkook greeted him.

"Oh. Hey, Mr. Kookie, I mean Jungkook. I'm sorry." Taehyung cursed himself at the nickname his son gave the man.

"I guess Joowon really give good nicknames seeing that you also use it." Jungkook teased the other.

"Yeah, I mean no. He just can't stop talking about you since the incident in the park. You gave quite an impression on him."

"Really? I am glad to hear that." Jungkook stood beside him as they watch the man talk about the gallery he planned for years.

"So you work at JK Group?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes, you can say that." Jungkook shrugged, taking a sip from his wine. "How about you? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Mr. Jeon invited me. I didn't know it would be this exclusive." Taehyung said as his eyes wonder around the place. "Are you both related?"

"Kinda."

"What do you mean kinda?" Taehyung looked at the other due to the weird answer he got.

"Come on. I'll show you my favorite painting." Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hands as they proceed to the said painting.

"Oh wow! I see why you like this." Taehyung admired the painting in front of them. He was mesmerized by every stroke and colors done in the painting. "By Jeon Jungkook? You made this?!"

This question was answered by a nod and a sigh by Jungkook. He was very proud of his work but this painting was located at the corner of the place so it doesn't really get that much of attention unlike the other pieces.

"I guess you are closely related to Mr. Jeon seeing your artwork in his gallery." Taehyung said but this time he didn't received any answer from Jungkook.
He just remained silent as well as they both talk about the art.

Throughout the night, they were both together. They were talking about the pieces they looked at.

"Mr. Kim!" A voice called out to Taehyung from behind them.

"Mr. Jeon! Congratulations to your gallery! All of these are just breathtaking." Taehyung continues to congratulate him.

"I see you already met my son, Jungkook."

"Son?" Taehyung asked because the answer he was asking was given by his professor.

"Yes. By the way, here is your paper. I already checked it. I would like to congratulate you for this, Mr. Kim. This invitation is my gift to you. I hope you enjoyed yourself tonight." Mr. Jeon handed the papers holded by his assistant. The professor raised his wine glass to Taehyung who clinked his glass with his professor. Jungkook joined as well.

"Congratulations, Mr. Kim Taehyung." Jungkook turned to Taehyung when his father left to entertain other guests.

"Thank you, Mr. Kookie." Taehyung giggled. He took a sip from his wine because that news made this night even better. He had been doing that paper since last year. The fact his professor announced its success made him proud of himself.

When the event was over, Jungkook offered to take Taehyung home which the latter declined.

"I can go home by myself, silly." Taehyung said.

"It's already late." Jungkook insisted. They had been doing for about five minutes now.

"Jungkook, seriously. I can go home." Taehyung argued again.

"I will gift you a lift as a reward for the success of your paper."

"Okay okay!" Taehyung eventually gave up.

They got in Jungkook's car and drove off to Yoongi's apartment.

"Thank you for today, Jungkook. I really thought I would be alone but I am so glad I saw you."

"I need to thank you as well. I really enjoyed your company." Jungkook said, looking at Taehyung's eyes. They both smiled seeing how they can't seem to take their eyes off each other.

"Here's my number if you want." Taehyung suddenly said which caught him off guard as well. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to be that straightforward."

"Thanks. I was about to ask that. So I'll see you then?" Jungkook reached for the paper and looked again at Taehyung.

"Yes, I'll see you." This statement was a confirmation that they will see each other again.

Before he regrets it, Taehyung went closer to Jungkook and kissed him on his cheek. He then took off as fast as he can before embarrassment slaps him.

───── ❝ author's note ❞ ─────

I think we all see that coming.
I just want to say how soft I am for this story!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading.

Ily!