• 11 •

"Let's buy decorations first before picking up the cake." Taehyung shyly asked.

Jungkook was driving and the sight just made Taehyung more bashful. It was not Taehyung's first time in Jungkook's car since the other already dropped Taehyung to his place. It was also not the first time Taehyung saw Jungkook drive, but the broad daylight made Jungkook's features more visible. Taehyung has agreed with himself that Jungkook was a piece of art. His arms softly flexed as he gripped the steering wheel. His eyes give a shine as the sunlight touch him as they go by the road. Taehyung can see some moles displayed on the other's face. He immediately concluded that the mole on the younger's lips was his favorite one.

"Here." Jungkook handed him a pair of sunglasses as he wears his own. "Don't stare too much. I might melt and fall."

"I do not!" Taehyung argued. He quickly took the glasses from the other. "I was just checking the shops from the other side of the road."

"Sure, Tae." Jungkook laughed as Taehyung wear his sunglasses. It was the same one as his, but he can tell that Taehyung look much better on it. "You look good on those."

Taehyung hits the other's shoulders because he was embarrassed enough and those words do not help his heart calm down.

+

"You bought that many gifts!?" Taehyung exclaimed once Jungkook and him entered his apartment to decorate it. Jungkook told him that he forgot to bring his presents for Joowon and went back to his car. Taehyung thought it was just one, but he did not expect the man to bring a dozen.

"Some of them were from my father." Jungkook said. He placed the last present on the floor. It comes in different sizes. Some presents were big. Hence, he needed to take a double trip back to the car for them.

"He already gave Joowon a gift!" Taehyung argued back. He considered the helicopter a birthday gift already.

Jungkook just stood there. He scratched his neck as he can feel Taehyung's intense glare on him.

"So, how was the date?" Jimin suddenly entered the scene without knowing that Jungkook was still there.

When he received a text from Taehyung to lend him a hand for the decoration and food, he immediately ran up to the other's place to help him a little, but his real purpose was to get all the juices from Taehyung. The scene before him was something he did not expect. Jungkook and Taehyung stood there like a married couple as Jungkook was being scolded by his husband.

"My father just handed them to me when I told him I was going to Joowon's birthday." Jungkook reasoned out again. It wasn't really his fault. He only bought six gifts for Joowon. The other six were from his father. That makes him innocent, right?

"Fine! Fine! Let's just start preparing." Taehyung eventually gave up. He didn't want the Jeons to spoil Joowon too much. The child is already attached to them.

"Am I still welcome here?" Jimin spoke once again when his presence was ignored the first time he spoke.

"Hey, Jimin. I'm sorry. I was just too focused on what to do with these gifts." Taehyung finally acknowledge him. Jungkook smiled at him as well. "Let's start."

Jungkook was still there, standing in the living room while the two started decorating and preparing the food for later.

"Aren't you busy?" Taehyung asked. He didn't mean to be that rude and Jungkook is more than welcome there, but he knew that the other was busy enough not to stay there until the party.

"I actually took the day off." Jungkook said which made Taehyung sighed. Why is the other doing this to him?

"What? For Joowon's birthday?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook nodded. "Why?"

"Well..." Jungkook knew he really has no reason to be there except for Joowon's birthday. He did not even know what time it will be so he just went early. He knows he can asked Taehyung through the phone, but a part of him just really wanted to see the latter more.

"C'mon, Tae. Jungkook came with good intentions, right? Maybe, he just want to spend with youuuuuuuuuu and Joowon." Jimin intentionally made that longer to tease his best friend, but Jungkook did not even deny that.

"Okay. Can you please help us?" Taehyung shyly asked. His attitude from before vanished. It was really embarrassing to ask that, but what can Jungkook do there aside from waiting? They can really use extra help.

"Sure." Jungkook smiled at this. He concluded that he loves helping Taehyung, even in the smallest way possible. Seeing Taehyung's smile just made him really stay there even though he did not have to.

That was how the three continued on with the decorations and preparation of food for Joowon's party. Joowon invited some of his friends from school. Taehyung also invited his friends so he has to make a feast for them.

"It's almost noon. I have to pick Joowon up from his school." Taehyung remembered. He was not finished with the food yet, but he knows he has to pick Joowon up.

"I'll pick him up." Jungkook suddenly said which made the two look at him. Yes, he was kind, but he was too kind for a stranger like Taehyung.

"Noooooo. You've done enough help around here." Taehyung argued again. This feeling was like when he was reasoning out with Joowon whenever the other can't do something.

"Again, Tae, I insist. You're already busy here. I just want to help to make things easier." Jungkook said. Taehyung was so sure that it was not pity when Jungkook look at him when he said that. He did not know why, but instead of declining, he accepted again.

When Jungkook went out to pick Joowon up, Jimin and Taehyung were the only ones left in the apartment.

"What are you stressing about, Tae? He is really a good person from what I can see." Jimin tapped his best friend on his back as he watched him sigh.

"He is too kind, Chim. He does not even have a reason to be kind. I'm just feeling nervous."

"It seems like you're starting to have feelings for him, Tae." Jimin stated out.

"I have too much in my plate for someone like him, Jimin. I have a son. I need to finish my studies. I have work to do too. I am aiming for more in our life. I don't think he should be involved in those."

"Do you really think he minds all that? Look how the man is helping you, Tae." Jimin held his hand because he was aware of Taehyung's hardships throughout his life. Not that Joowon was one of them, definitely not. He chose this life for them instead of looking for Joowon's parents. Jimin knew the responsibility Taehyung had to overcome. That made him proud of the other more.

"But-" Before Taehyung can protest again, Jimin already covered his mouth.

"Give him a chance with you, Tae. You deserve that happiness too. I can see that Jungkook will be the one to give you more of that. Besides, Joowon does not mind him being his other appa." Jimin reassured him. Taehyung was about to react on that last part, but the front door of their apartment opened, revealing Jungkook with Joowon in his arms.

"Appa, I'm home!"