• 2 •

Taehyung knew how hard it is to take care of a child according to his mother's stories about him but it was harder than he expected.

A week after Joowon and Taehyung met, he went to a children's hospital for a check up with Jimin. With the help of their friend, Dr. Seokjin, the check up went easy.

Of course, they have to tell Seokjin the story. Did I tell you that the check up was easy? It was indeed easy. What I didn't tell you was that it took a long time for them to do the actual check up. They have to calm the doctor down because he was sobbing hard in his own clinic.

"Who would do such a thing? I want to kill them for abandoning such precious child." Seokjin stated, holding the baby's hand.

Joowon just giggled at Seokjin's face which made the two best friends laugh.

"Are you sure this isn't your child? He sure acts like you." Seokjin smiled at the baby but glared at Taehyung.

They finally did the check up. The procedure was smooth. Taehyung was informed that Joowon was already 3 months old. Thankfully, the child was healthy. This made them wonder more why did the parents abandon him.

Taking care of a child is hard but it is fun.

Like that time when Taehyung was changing Joowon's diapers.

Taehyung was humming to a nursery rhyme which Joowon and him listen to at night. He wasn't quick enough when pee splashed to his clothes, making his shirt completely wet.

Jimin waltzed inside the room to this scene. Joowon was giggling while Taehyung had a diaper in his hands. He quickly grabbed the Polaroid on Taehyung's desk.

"Woah! Joowon told me you're not seeing someone right now but why are you so wet?"

Well, long story short, a used diaper flew directly at Jimin's face. Fortunately for Jimin, there was no poop.

Joowon was already 6 months old when he tasted the best thing that ever happened to this world, food.

Everything was perfect. Jimin had the Polaroid ready. Taehyung had apron on in case Joowon makes a big mess which he is one hundred percent sure of. His mother was the one who made the food for Joowon. As I said, everything was perfect.

What seems the problem? Joowon wasn't ready. He was too happy that day. Whenever Taehyung feeds him, Joowon sticks out his tongue and blow on it making some of the food land on Taehyung's face.

That made us conclude that Taehyung's face was full at the end of the eating time.

Joowon was ten months old when he started walking.

Taehyung shed tears when the child walked to him with wobbly legs. When Joowon was near him, he hugged his child tight.

Yes, he was happy at first but when the little child learned how to walk properly, they were like Tom and Jerry running around.

Especially when Joowon doesn't like to take a bath. A naked Joowon running from his father who was holding a towel.

At the end of day, Joowon didn't take his bath. Taehyung was passed out due to exhaustion.

Taehyung, together with his family and friends, celebrated Joowon's 1st birthday. 

They held the party in Taehyung's apartment, of course. It was a penguin themed party.

"So Taehyung, have you found out who has been giving you money?"
Namjoon asked. Him and Seokjin are very close friends. Very.

"No, I haven't. Someone has been putting money in my account ever since Joowon was 5 months old." Taehyung explained when his other friends looked at him confusedly.

"Maybe it's your boss." Jimin suggested.

"My boss? Not gonna happen. My pay is not even that high. The money that was in my account is more than I get for 5 months from my job."

"Well, whoever that is, you should just thank him." Yoongi shrugged while sipping his orange juice.

"Yes, Tae. At least, you and Joowon aren't running out of money, right?" Hoseok commented from the living room. He was playing with Joowon while listening to the others' conversation.

Taehyung sighed. He knew he can give Joowon enough for the both of them but still, it made him look pathetic.

Joowon was 3 years old when he can now have a conversation with Taehyung.

"Appa, why you legs long?" Joowon asked. They were both in the bathtub, washing up together to prepare for bed.

"Baby, appa is big so he has long legs." Taehyung explained as he massaged Joowon's scalp.

"Woonie is big too." His son proudly said. This made the elder laugh. He just nodded, standing up for they are finish washing up.

Taehyung dressed Joowon in his pikachu onesie. He then tucked him to bed.

"Appa, sing song." Joowon requested as he hugged his penguin stuff toy.

Taehyung ran his fingers through Joowon's jet black hair while humming to Purpose.

+

2 years later, Joowon was big enough to enter kindergarten. It was his first day of school as well as Taehyung. It was Taehyung's last year of college.

"Everything ready, Woonie?" Taehyung asked as he watched his son tie his shoelaces.

"Yes, Appa." Joowon stood up, fixing his clothes.

"Let's go." Taehyung took out his empty hand for Joowon. They locked the door then walked to Joowon's school.

When they arrived, the two don't seem like they have any plan on letting go.

"Appa, let's eat ice cream after?" Joowon asked. His head was laying on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Anything you want, baby. Now, head inside. Appa will also be late for his class."

They had no choice but to let go of each other.

During Taehyung's lunchtime, he picked Joowon from his daycare. They ate together at McDonald's which was Joowon's request. Taehyung can't say no especially when the child smiled. A smile which makes Taehyung so weak.

After lunch, Taehyung dropped Joowon to his mother's house since he still has classes to attend to. When his mother is not around, he'll bring Joowon to his classes. A little disturbing, yes, but thankfully, his professor, as well as his classmates, understands now.

His day went on. It was finally his last class.

He bids goodbye to his classmates. He had to go home quickly because he still had to pick Joowon from his mother's house.

Due to his running, he bumped to a man with a hard chest, I might add, who was inches taller than him.

"Taehyung-ssi."

=•=

Hi!

After decades, I finally posted the second chapter.

I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for reading this story.

Ily! 💕