• 1 •

"Who is Kim Taehyung?"

"He's a very diligent student."

"He has this rectangular smile that makes you smile at him too. It's cute to be honest."

"Oh, Park Jimin's best friend? I have seen him. He's always running around. He runs late to school. He runs early to his home. Weird."

"I heard he works part time at this bowling center. I don't know how he handles all of these. I can't even do my homework."

"I liked him before but recently, I saw him with a child who called him 'Appa'. I didn't knew he would be reckless."

"I love his son. But the odd thing is they don't look alike. I guess the child took after his mother?"

"His son is as bright as him. I've seen them around together. It's such a cute sight to see."

That would be what the other students around the campus say if you ask them who is Kim Taehyung. Well, he isn't that famous. He isn't a nobody either.

Normal? No, he's kinda special actually. For those who knew him very well, he's an angel. To those who don't and those who judge someone easily, he's a fuck boy who impregnate a girl who left him with the child.

Nobody knows about this situation, to be honest. No one knew who was that child he carries around. No one knows how he got this child except for Taehyung himself and maybe his family and close friends.

+

"Can you believe that Mr. Park assigned that homework yesterday and he wants it today? Didn't he know that we have a life too?"

Jimin and Taehyung were on their way home. They have the same way to their apartments.

"What was the homework anyway?"

"An essay about my ideal kind of love."

"Jiminie, that's so easy. Especially that you have an actual boyfriend. I can do it with my eyes close."

"No, it's not! Kim, it's hard. I'm torn between choosing from that lovey-dovey love to that lazy couple who spends almost all day cuddling love like ours!"

"If I were you, I'll choose the latter. Speaking of lazy couple, your lover boy is calling."

Taehyung pointed to Jimin's phone which was on the elder's hand.

"Yes, Yoongi hyung? In your studio? Okay."

"I have to go to hyung's studio. Hobi hyung is bothering him."

"Well, I won't call it bothering because that's how Hoseok hyung shows his love." Taehyung stated which made Jimin gagged.

"He loves you too. Bye!" Jimin blew a kiss at Taehyung then flee to the other way.

Taehyung hummed a random tone while walking to his apartment, now all alone. Passing by an empty park, he heard something. He stopped on his tracks. Everything is quiet and all he could hear is that sound. As he listens to it intently, he followed where the sound is coming from.

There, beside a trashcan, a brown bag was laid. He picked it up gently, looking inside.

He saw a baby, a baby boy crying. When their eyes met, the baby finally stopped crying. Taehyung looked around, wondering who would leave such precious gift here. The baby's hiccup turned his attention back to it. Taehyung cooed, caressing the baby's cheeks. He placed the bag on the ground again but this time, he picked the baby out of the bag and into his arms. The baby seemed to like it.

From that moment on, Taehyung promised to take care of it like his own.

What Taehyung didn't notice is that there is a car far away from them. The person inside it rolled his windows up as he watched Taehyung take the baby. He motioned the driver to go but the sight he had seen never left his mind.

+

The next morning, Taehyung woke up with hushed voices surrounding him.

"So cute. They look so cute."

He opened his eyes to see who barged in his apartment. He saw Jimin and his mother cooing over the baby in his embrace.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked them which turned their attention to him. He carefully removed his arms around the baby which was sleeping deeply.

"The question is, who is this cute baby beside you?" Jimin asked back. Taehyung's mother was tapping the baby's thigh gently.

"It's actually a long story."  Taehyung fiddled with the blanket on him. He looked at the two who had their eyes on him.

"We have the whole day." His mother whispered.

"Can we talk outside? Joowon might wake up."

That is how they found themselves sitting on Taehyung's living room.

Taehyung sighed before opening his mouth to tell them the story. "Jimin and I was on our way home but he left me because Yoongi hyung was calling him. While I was walking, I heard a cry. I followed it. I was brought to a trashcan. There was a bag with Joowon in it. Who has the heart to do that? I looked around but no one was there. I decided to keep him instead."

At this point, the two crawled their way to Taehyung's side, both hugging him from his side.

"It's hard to believe my best friend is an angel." Jimin commented.

"Heol, I can't Taehyung, my son, did that. But sweetie, you do know that you have to at least find his parents right?" His mother rubbed his back in comfort.

"Yes, I know. There was a note in Joowon's bag. It has his name and a 'you can have him'. So I'm guessing the parents don't care about him anymore."

"Those son of a bitch! They are heartless!" Jimin bursts. He stood up from his seat and kept pacing back of forth, mumbling how irresponsible those people are.

A sound of a cry made all of them froze. The three ran to the room to see what happened to the baby. When the baby saw them, Joowon giggled which also made them laughed.

"We will help you, Tae. You are such an angel." Taehyung's mother kissed his forehead while Jimin was playing with the baby.

From that moment on, Taehyung's life became brighter than before.

=•=

[Update: I changed the baby's name to Joowon.]

Let's start from the beginning again.

I know I shouldn't publish this because Once a Fanboy isn't finished yet but I really like this story's idea, I have to publish it.

So how was the first chappy? I hope you like it.

Ily. 💕

 💕