Chapter 10

A.N. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I went on a small trip with my family and just got back last night.  I'm gonna attempt to complete this story/series today. I'd rather write than complete some of my school work. Anyways, here's the next chapter. :)

"What are you doing, James?" Matthias asked, raising an eyebrow.

James gestured to my now empty plate. "I'm feeding her. Nex told us to take care of her."

Matthias shot me a nasty look before turning back to James. "No he didn't. He told us to keep an eye on her. Not be her servant."

James opened his mouth to say something, but then snapped it shut. He reached over and picked up my empty plate and fork. Matthias looked absolutely pissed off. What had I done for him to hate me this much?

Before James could turn towards the sink, Matthias reached out and snatched the dirty dishes out of his hands. He then threw them back down onto the table in front of me. It surprisingly didn't break when it made contact with the table.

"She can clean it up herself." Matthias said to James between gritted teeth. "Just because you haven't seen your daughter in a while, doesn't mean you can treat her like your own."

I stared at Matthias and then James and then back to Matthias. James had just stood there slightly cowering and took in all of what Matthias said. He seemed to be on the verge of tears.

Anger was slowly filling every bit of myself as I saw the way Matthias was treating James. James had done something nice for me and now he was basically getting yelled at by Matthias. The feeling of anger completely overpowered the confusion that I felt after hearing what Matthias had said about James's daughter.

"Shut the fuck up!" I finally shouted at Matthias.

He turned to me slowly. The rage that was inside him seemed to melt slightly. "What did you say?" He arched his brow again.

"I told you to shut up." I stared at him with what hoped to be a pretty good mirror of what he looked like a moment before. "Leave him alone."

I could feel James' stare on me, but I was busy staring down Matthias.

Matthias looked at me with amusement all over his face, and then finally turned towards James. "Leave."

James looked between both of us with a worried look.

Matthias sighed. All the anger, completely gone. "I'm not going to hurt her. I'm just gonna have a little chat with her."

James looked absolutely torn, but then reluctantly followed Matthias's order. I watched as James passed Matthias and left the room.

I then finally turned back to Matthias, once James was out of sight. "What do you want to talk about?"

"You know how you got here, right?"

I had expected him to say something like, 'I want you to stay away from me' or just, 'I hate you'. What ended up actually leaving his mouth, was definitely unexpected.

"What?"

Matthias took a small step towards me as he repeated himself. "I said, 'you know how you got here, right?'"

"Nex saved me." My brows knitted together, and my anger completely vanished. "He saved me from his brother. His brother killed people, lots of people." Matthias' smile grew larger the longer I went on. "He brought me here. Healed me. Uhm-"

"Is that what he told you?" Matthias seemed to be having way too much fun with this.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"He hasn't told you the truth?" His eyebrows came together at the center. "I guess he wouldn't. He doesn't want you to leave."

"What do you mean?"

He smiled as he stared down at me. "Do you want to know the truth?"