Chapter 14

Nex POV

"Hazel?"

I looked around her room in confusion. After seeing the room completely empty, anger flooded through me.

"Matthias! James!" I yelled out as I stomped down the stairs, and turned to the right when I got to the bottom. "James! Matthias!"

James came out of his room kind of sluggishly, while Matthias looked alert as he opened his bedroom door.

"Where is she?" I demanded.

Matthias looked slightly afraid as he replied. "She ran off. I don't know where, but she ran."

I glared at him. Rage boiling inside me. "She just ran off?" I said menacingly. "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WATCH HER!"

"She must have gone out a window." Matthias said while taking a hesitant step away from me.

He definitely should have just stayed where he was. That extra step only added fuel to the fire. I took a few steps towards him until I was standing right in front of him. He was taller than me, but that didn't matter. He still slightly coward at the little space between us.

I brought my fist up and used my momentum to bring it down on his face. I heard a satisfying crack and watched the blood dribble down his lips.

He hunched over with his hands pressed up against his face. I rolled my eyes at his pathetic form and then turned to James.

"Did you see where she went?"

"Um. No." He said, slightly shaking with fear. "I made her breakfast and then she said she was going back to her room right after."

"So you didn't see her leave?" I asked.

"No I didn't."

"Ok." I made myself relax slightly.

"Ok?" James arched an eyebrow. "What do you mean, ok?"

"I'm just gonna check the security cameras."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Matthias perk up a bit at the mention of the cameras. At that moment, I knew he did something.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to see what window she went out of and find her." Without another word uttered at either James or Matthias, I turned around and headed in the direction of my room.

I closed the door to my room firmly behind me and then made my way over to my bed. I sat down on the edge of it and waited. I knew one of them was going to come. One of them was going to confess. All I had to do was wait.

I lied about the cameras though. Why would I need cameras for my own home? I thought with a small laugh. Both of these men were so dumb.

I already suspected something was going to happen to Hazel, and I knew it would have been Matthias. He was a murderer when I got him and apparently he still was one.

Knock Knock

Right on cue, I thought as I stood back up.

I made sure to make my face blank as I opened the door. Unsurprisingly, James stood on the other side with his sweaty hands fidgeting out in front of him.

"Nex, there's something I have to tell you."