-Nukes-

Art credits: art.of.erebus on Instagram

Requested: nope!
Setting: Snowchester

TWS for this chapter!!!:
• Greif
• Explosions

Other notes: It might be a bit confusing at first but Ranboo's character uses they/them pronouns so that's what I used in the story!

___________.-•*•-.___________
                 {-<Ranboo POV>-}

Picking up the quickly wilting flowers from the chair with shaky hands, they looked to the sky as they opened the door.

Stars shined like glitter all over the sky, the moon didn't seem to be as bright as the night before.

The prints in the snow from protective boots that would be soon covered up by another layer of frost, the breaths filling up the silence with a small cloud of fog, the memories filling up the usual emptiness that was their brain... the sound of his shouts as he realized he had messed up...

It was too much to think about, it made them almost apathetic, void of emotion. How would you deal with the death of a loved one? There's healthy ways to cope like spending time with other people you care about, or getting closure by finishing something they started... maybe even forget.

This seemed to be the one thing they couldn't forget, they didn't want to remember.

Arriving at their destination, they placed the flowers next to the earth covered stone, how had the ground taken it so quickly? Or maybe it had been longer than they thought, they began to lose track of time around a week or two after the accident.

It must have been awful on their son as well, only five when it happened, he'd been forced spend most of his childhood without either parent... one being absent due to grief. It had been almost 3 years, he wished they could just let go. But then again it seems impossible if it's the only thing you can think about.

Flashback
—————————

"You need to take Michael inside-!" Tubbo yelled towards Ranboo, running in his direction

"What? Why, what happened, are you ok?" A now worried Ranboo asked

"I don't have enough time just- please get inside." He said, out of breath

"What do you mean you don't have enough time?!! You just showed up and started shouting stuff at me?"

"I-I'm sorry I really don't have time I need to get back to the bunker-"

"Is this about your nukes?? You know I didn't want you working on them anymore we-we don't need them and-"

Cutting him off Tubbo said "I need to get back I have about 5 minutes before all my work is blown to bits!! I DONT HAVE THE TIME." He watched as Ranboo startled then looked to Michael who was peering out from behind the door

"Im sorry I'm shouting I'm just- I need to fix it before it blows up" his tone getting calmer as he tried to reason with them

"You said it only has five minutes... what if you don't fix it in time...?"

"I'll be fine, but you need to get Michael inside. Please."

"O-ok."

"Michael come on, we're gonna go upstairs so I can show you something!" They said, masking their concern.

A few minutes passed, Ranboo had given Michael a coin to play with as that was all he had with him at the moment, things seemed too quiet...

They decided to check on Tubbo to see if things went well. They climbed down the ladder, forgetting to shut the door after them.

They ran through the snow and followed the path that was marked by stones, it might not be the most hidden thing ever but it helped Ranboo to find their way back.

They passed trees and ice ponds as they traveled along, it definitely seemed like 5 minutes by now... maybe Tubbo figured it out. That was however not the case... finally arriving at the spot Tubbo was at, Ranboo and him locked eyes.

A terrified expression flashed across his face. He was looking at something... behind? Ranboo. They looked back to see Michael under a tree, trying to hide behind the trunk of the tree.

"GO BACK TAKE MICHAEL AND RUN, GET OUT OF HERE!!" Tubbo shouted, waving his arms rapidly

And just like that... the boom could be heard from miles away, Ranboo had grabbed Micheal and ran like Tubbo had said to do, they didn't stop running until they made it back to SnowChester, they collapsed to the snowy floor, trying to process what just happened

Tubbo_ was blown up

————————
End of flashback

They peered up at the name on the grave, checking to see if it was the same, everytime they came here they would do the same thing. Replace the old flowers, sit until the sun rose, then they'd walk slowly back home to repeat the same thing, over and over until he'd come back.

Ranboo sighed before getting up and following the faded outline of their shoe prints for one of the last times.

It was time to forget.

___________•***•___________
830 words

It didn't turn out exactly as I expected the plot to but I'm definitely not mad (:

I'm sure c!Ranboo is though, he probably thinks it's his fault (:

Ok I'm sorry, the angst is supposed to be over...

Well not really, I did plan to write a third chapter for this book, it's almost done I just have to add detail so it's possible you'll get that too, but along with this book there's two chapters posted on my sbi book, it would be cool if you went and checked them out (:/nf (not forced)

Also if I reply to your comment from like 2 months ago it's because I haven't checked my inbox in a long time 😀

I love you all sm you are appreciated
I hope you're having a good day/night/whatever time of the day it is for you
Here's a hug headpat or handshake if you want/need it
And some blue: 🐟🐬🐳🐋