STORY 13-THE LATE NIGHT GUEST

"Good evening sir. Welcome to Hotel de Chavez. How can I help you, sir?"

With a warm smile, I welcomed the new guest who just arrived.

"I need a suite."

"For one night sir?"

"Yes"

I explained the hotel's policies as well as the regulations carefully. I checked the time, it was almost 12. No wonder why the man in front of me looked so tired and drowsy.

"Is everything clear sir? If you need anything else, you can just call us by pressing the number 1 button on the telephone in your room."

"Okay, thanks. Can I get my key now?" he showed me an irritated look. Well, it's my job to tell my clients everything they need to know. Don't be surprised if I talk too much. I need to be this talkative to do my job.

"H-here—Sir, your nose is bleeding!" I immediately handed the tissue paper on our desk.

"Thank you. No worries. This happens to me often times," he said before he hurriedly deserted the lobby.

I returned to my sit and took a sip at my cold coffee.

"U-uh this tastes bad. Oh Sheila, it's a good thing that you're finally here. I'll just go out for a bit, cover up for me okay?"

"Sure, buy me some headache med on your way back."

"Got it!"

I put on my jacket and my cap. The café was just two blocks away from our hotel that's why I decided to walk myself toward there. I was about to enter the café when I saw many people taking photos on what seemed like an accident? A car crash perhaps?

My feet dragged me closer to the crowded area only to find out that my inference was true.

"The motorcycle driver was drunk. I need back up here," I heard as the cop radioed what happened.

I tried to get through the crowd and there I saw a man lying on the ground with a broken neck—HE WAS DEAD ON THE SPOT!

But what made me tremble in fear was that the lifeless man in front of me was the same man who just checked-in in our hotel!

And the girl who was lying a meter away from the rider was—ME?!