STORY 14-911 WHAT IS YOUR EMERGENCY?

"I need help," a child answered on the other line.

"What's your name? What can I help you with?" in my calm voice, I asked the frightened young boy.

"Please help me," he said again and then the phone went dead.

I immediately dialed the phone back but I wasn't able to reconnect that's why I decided to call one of the responding officers from the nearest post to check it out.

"Luke, I need you to respond to 435 Doña Luisa Street. There's a possible victim. His phone's dead. I can't reconnect."

"Roger that."

I sat back on my swivel chair as I wait for Luke to call me back. I wonder if that kid is fine. I was about to try dialing the number again when my computer went back to life.

"911 dispa--"

"Why won't you help me?" he whimpered.

"Calm down, a responding officer should be there shortly," I said in a stern manner.

"He's coming to me. Mom's dead. H-he s-stabbed her. He has gone mad," he buffered.

"Where are you?"

"Under my bed."

"Stay right there. Our team's coming okay?"

"You're too late. He's here."

He ended the call.

Immediately, I tried to call again but there's no dial tone. He turned his phone off!

"Luke, have you arrived already? The phone's dead. Hurry now."

"We just arrived at the cabin but they're gone already."

"Gone? What do you mean gone?!"

"No one's here. But something doesn't feel right. The place seemed to be deserted for a very long time. Not only that, we also found three skeleton. Two are most likely to be adults and the last one is the remains of a child under his bed. He is holding a phone."