STORY 16-SLEEPOVER

"I'll be running late Shaneen. The traffic is still heavy," I heard Leanne's exhausted voice on the phone.

She broke up with her boyfriend this morning because she found out that she's being cheated on. Poor girl. I told her to take caution when it comes to love but she didn't listen.

"Okay. Drive safely." I ended the call.

She texted me this afternoon saying that she will sleep at my unit. I know that she'll just cry her heart out here that's why I already prepared a bottle of liquor and a dozen of tissue for her crying session later.

It was quarter after 11 when I heard my doorbell rang. I opened it and saw my best friend all dressed in black.

"Did you come from a funeral?" I chuckled.

" I thought you'll come a little bit later?"

She didn't open her mouth to talk. She examined me from head to toe then she walked passed by me without saying a word. Weird.

"I assume that you haven't eaten yet. I have ordered pizza. It will be here any minute," she just shook her head and sat on the sofa.

The doorbell rang again. I think the food that I have ordered is here. I ran to the door and opened it.

"Hey Shane! I took this from the pizza guy. You ordered a lot? What do you think of us? Pigs?!" Leanne was laughing brightly while lifting the boxes up.

I was frozen from where I stood. My mind was still trying to fathom what just happened.

If Leanne just arrived, then who was the girl who came in a while ago?!