STORY 21-FORLORN LOVE

I have an admirer.

He was that kind of man who kept on bugging me.

When I go to school, I always find him waiting for me at the front gate with a paper rose that I always toss in the bin.

When the rain pours, he would lend me his umbrella. He never gets tired of sending a long text message even if it remained unseen in my inbox.

He would always wave at me every time we cross our paths.

I kept on ignoring him but he didn't budge.

One time when I left my miniature project at home, he submitted his work with my name on it. I got an A+ score while he received an F, but I didn't even thank him.

"Clarisse, can we talk?"

I was at the library that time doing my assignment. He took the seat in front of me waiting for my response but I stayed silent.

"Why do you keep on ignoring me? Are you that uninterested to me?"

I flipped another page of the book and continued writing as if I didn't hear a single thing from him.

"Won't you even give me a chance? Do you hate me that much?"

He closed the book that was perching on my hand. I looked at him with my expressionless face.

"If I said yes, then would you stop?"

"No...I won't stop unless you look at me the way I look at you."

"That will never happen."

I put my things back in my bag. Then I left him there, speechless.

I looked back at him who didn't move an inch before I deserted the library.

"Sorry Stan, but my best friend loves you."