STORY 24-I HAVE A STALKER

My life became a mess the moment my mother decided to marry another man. We moved in into my stepfather's house which was near our school but it felt so empty most of the times.

I have a stepbrother who had never talked to me, not even once. He was always in his room and he barely gets out. I was too bored that's why I decided to chat with random strangers. Then I met this guy, his name was Kevin. He was so sweet on chat, and he knew how to spark conversations. We chatted for months. He was not a boring person. He had a sense of humor and he's smart too. But I haven't seen his face yet. He was a bit mysterious that's why I was hooked with him.

He knew me, since I sent him my pictures to show him how I look like. We were only connected through chat but it felt like I knew him for a long time already that's why I agreed to be in a relationship with him. He would call me in my free time, but never I have ever had a video call or face time with him. Sounds weird right? I've been in a relationship with a man whom I have never seen his face. Our relationship went well, not until he slowly showed his true colors. He was always jealous, he wanted me for himself alone. He didn't want me to go out with my girl friends. And he would get angry with me if I replied late. I got so full with his jealousy and so I decided to break up with him.

A day had passed and he never chatted nor called me. It makes me feel relieved. No more bugging. No more toxic connection.

I woke up at dawn because of a series of beeping on my phone, and when I checked it, I saw my pictures, lots of it!

It was taken yesterday, there was a pic of me going to school, riding the bus, talking with friends, and even entering our house.

I froze when I realized who the sender was.

It was him!

He's been following me this day. I tried to shrug it off. I tried to get that thought out of my mind thinking that he would get tired and just stop but he never did. I've been sick for a week, it seemed like he's really out there.

Watching my every move.

Stalking me.

I reached out for my phone when it rang.

"I WON'T LET YOU GO AMMY. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS BREAKING UP. YOU'RE MINE AND MINE ALONE!"

I was terrified. I can sense that he's serious.

Fvck!

I don't even know his face. I can't even tell mom about this because she won't believe me.

That day I decided to just stay at my room. I haven't gone out. I'm too scared to even take a look at the window. There were no texts nor calls from that stalker. No matter how many times I blocked his number, he will just use another one. I was startled when someone knocked at my door. It was mom, telling me to come down and eat. It was their first anniversary. I was hesitant but I need to eat too. I haven't eaten anything this day. I saw them in the table happily chatting. I was about to sit down when my mother asked me to tell my stepbrother to bring the wine and so I went to the kitchen to tell him.

"Hey. Mom wants you to bring the wine," I told him.

It was my first time talking to him. He was just a year older than me. He was tall. I was surprised that he will be joining us for dinner. I was about to turn my back when he talked.

"Sure, AMMY," I got chills.

His voice was familiar.

No.

It can't be.

This can't be happening.

I can't move.

I need to run away but I can't move!

Fvck!

I'm trembling!

He walked toward me and leaned closer to me.

Then he whispered,

"You can't escape from me, AMMY."