STORY 19-MY GHOST WRITER

I was never interested in writing. I didn't even like reading books. To tell you the fact, you can never see me sitting on my study table holding a pen and paper. The strangest place to me is the library for I have never been there. Just by thinking of going there makes me cringe.

What I love to do in life is clubbing, drinking, and going to live concerts of some well-known bands. I'm that kind of person who is asleep at day and widely awake at night. But then one day, everything has changed. I become instantly famous because of a novel that was published under my name.

IT WAS INSANELY WEIRD!

"Was it really me who submitted the novel personally?" it was the 8th time that I asked the question to the editor.

I really can't believe it. What kind of joke is this? This is not funny anymore!

"It was really you, Ms. Ela. How many times do I have to say that? Are you that overwhelmed with the rating and response from the reading public? The first two chapters was a BIG HIT!" Mr. George told me with a big smile on his face.

"You are the new star of our company. I see a successful future ahead of you. So....when will you give us the next chapters?"

If this is a dream then I would like to wake up now. What kind of prank is this? I won't buy this kind of kookiness.

"In your next life!" I left him with his mouth open in shock. Don't he ever expect to get the next chapters from me because I swear I don't know how to write.

The next three days, I've been in the same routine. Nothing changes except for those kiddos who kept on bugging me and asking me to take photos with them. The editor stopped calling me, maybe he got tired of my stubbornness. Serves him right.

"I told you I am not gonna give you the next chapters because I AM NOT THE ONE WHO WROTE IT!" I almost broke the screen of my phone as I shouted those words to Mr. George. I was about to end the call when I heard him laughing so hard on the other side.

"Calm down Ela. No need to bluff. You really have a split personality don't you? It's okay. That's understandable for a witty writer like you. I just want to tell you that I already published the next chapters that you sent last night. It was a big leap! It was a BOP!"

Did I hear him right? I sent him WHAT?!

I don't even have the tinniest idea of what is the novel all about and then suddenly, I'M A WRITER NOW?!

Who's behind all this? What the hell is happening?

I ended the call then searched for the novel online. I read the story hastily. My hands grew cold and my knees trembled as I continue to scroll down.

I know this story.

I know this very well.

I can't be mistaken.

This is not a fiction.

I'm no stranger to this because it is the story of what I did...

it was about HOW I KILLED MY SISTER!