4. Bitter Sweet

Rebekah's POV

I took one last look in the mirror. I had put on a pink sleeveless dress that went up to my knees except in the back that was a little bit longer. I had my hair down with black bumps.

I walked out my room and walked down the stairs. There I saw Klaus talking with someone rather familiar. And Samantha was looking at him quite angry.

"Hey what's going o...?" That was when the guy turned around to face me. I couldn't believe my eyes. Bloody Argus? What the hell is he doing here? Oh my god Sam must be so hurt.

"Rebekah what a pleasure to see you again." He gave me his charming smile. And the accent melted my heart. This situation is, that back in the time I had a enormous crush on him, but he was blindly in love with Elsa. I never liked her though, she always seemed kind of shallow. That's the reason I hated Sam in the beginning. She kind of looked like Elsa and I thought that she would be as shallow as her mother, or even worse. But after long afternoons of socializing I realized she was nothing like Elsa. She was actually very nice. Argus took my hand and placed a slight kiss on top of it.

"Let's go to the dinner table. Shall we?" Klaus asked making me look at him with a furious look. I looked at Sam that wasn't pleased either.

***
Nik was at one top of the table as Argus was in the opposite one. Sam was in the right side and I was on the left side, also opposite to her. There were waitresses walking around in her tight outfits, that Nik wants them to wear. I'm surprised that Sam is okay with my brother looking at other girls like that.

It's going to be a long night.

Argus' POV

For the first time in 20 years I can finally see how beautiful my daughter is. She is just like Elsa. I just wished she was here to see how grown up our baby doll is.

"Sam, stop being broody. " I heard Niklaus say in the other side of the table. This was one of the perks that we, Epics we allowed to experience.

"The second you force me to have dinner with him I can be as broody as I want. " She answered back, rather pissed off. I was trying to ignore my daughter's broodiness when I caught myself staring at Rebekah. Her beautiful blond waves fling perfectly in her shoulders like a fresh waterfall. Her blue eyes locking with mine.

" What it's in it for you? " Sam asked making me break my delightful thoughts on the beautiful original blonde vampire.

" What do you mean Samantha? " I asked a little confused with her question. Maybe she noticed I was looking at Rebekah.

" Being here? Protecting me? What do you get out of it? " Oh I see now. I don't think she realizes how important she is for me.

" Making sure my daughter remains safe and sound. When you grow to be a parent you'll see how it feels. "

" I don't need you. Never have. I have Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelson family. I have my friends. I don't need your parental figure around. " She said almost screaming. " In the moment you gave me away you gave up on the right to protect me. And I accept why you did gave me away. I just refuse to accept your miserable attempt to step into my life again just because you want to. "

" Love, I think it's enough. " Niklaus said grabbing her delicate hand. She got up.

" You can't force me to accept this. Fine you're friends. I have nothing to do with that. " She pushed her chair against the table and walked out of the dinning room.

" I'm sorry Argus. I really wished she saw what's really in front of her. " Niklaus tried to apologize for my daughter's acts.

" Niklaus you don't need to apologize. I get it. " Niklaus got up nodded and walked off after Samantha. Leaving me and Rebekah utterly alone.