23. Fair Trade

3rd Person's POV

Argus and Sam, Damon, Stefan and Caroline walked to an abandon apartment building near the river.

"Are you sure they are here?" Caroline asks looking around. "This is so creepy."

"This is the location Bonnie said." Sam told them walking inside but Damon placed an hand in her shoulder.

"I'll go first." Sam sighs and looks at him with the 'are you for real' look.

"I can take care of myself." She says stepping inside but he quickly vamp speeds tone in front of her. "Geez Damon!" She says he looks back and wink. They walk into a long hallway very abandon and destroyed. A lot of paintings wrongly hanging on the walls. They keep walking ahead until they reach a old wood door, that seemed awfully build and about to break into a million pieces very soon. Sam put her hand in the door knob before Argus touched her shoulder.

"Only we go in..." He whisper and look at the other three vampires. They nodded and stood behind as Sam and Argus opened the door. They walked in and noticed Klaus and his siblings were chained to the degraded walls behind them. And Elsa was in the other side of the room preparing some sort of potion with two of her minions. Sam walks ahead. The apartment and the room they were in were very old and dirty, looking even more abandoned then the building itself.

"Elsa..." Sam said softly walking forwards looking at the motherly witch that had her back to them. A evil chuckle could be heard as Elsa turned around to face Sam and her minions placed themselves in front of Elsa in a attacking mode.

"Look who came to pay a visit." She smiled devilishly and snapped her fingers making the Mikaelsons wake up. Sam turned around hearing their painful groans and her eyes instantly met Klaus'.

"Sam what are you doing here?" Klaus asked, his voice hoarse. "You shouldn't be here!" He said a little louder than it should've been.

"I'm going to solve things." She said looking back at Elsa. "I'm willing to make a trade with you. Me and my baby for the Mikaelsons." She said painfully. She had no intentions of losing Klaus and this was the only possible way she thought it would work.

"What are doing Sam? Get the bloody hell out of here!" Klaus screamed groaning his eyes turning yellow.

"Oh, young love!" Elsa murmured. "Are you really willing to do that trade my daughter?" Sam nodded confidently. "James?!" Elsa called loudly and quickly James showed up bring Sky along with him, grabbing her by her elbow roughly. Sky looked at her sister with pain in her eyes. "My family will be together again." She exclaimed amused.

"Sam don't! Don't do this! Just don't Sam!" Klaus yelled tears streaming down his now normal eyes. "I won't be able to live with it! Don't Sam!" Sam looked at the love of her life.

"I'm sorry love, I can't afford you guys getting hurt because of me.... I wouldn't be able to live like that." She said tears also in her eyes. This was it. No more, no less. She was giving up herself and her baby for the people she cared about. Never a decision sounded so wise. "I love you." She said tears streaming down her pale cheeks. Klaus tried to get up a break the chains, failing such an attempt.

"No, please! Sam, please don't!" He said, now desperate like he never was before. The most important person in his life would soon be gone. No more Sam, no more baby, no more family... His heart broke even more when he heard the raced heartbeat of his baby, Sam was scared and so was the Baby. "Sam... Don't do this..." He begged, without any left strength to be able to fight for her. He was too heartbroken and devastated to do so.

"I have to." She said finally stepping ahead. Argus soon grabbed her arm and pulled her into a warm and tight hug.

"You'll be fine." He whispered into her hair as he let go and look at them painfully. This was hard for everyone. Sam stepped forwards finally reaching near Elsa who smiled at her amused with the whole situation. Elsa took an hand to Sam's face caressing her cheek.

"You have no idea how long I've dreamed with this..." She said happy looking at Sam. Sam gave her a weak smile before taking a knife out of her jeans pocket and stab Elsa on the neck, a few drops of blood splattered at Sam's face, leaving the knife on the bloody flesh. Elsa stumbled back, her eyes wide in shock at what her daughter had just done. Quickly Stefan, Damon and Caroline walked in as well, as they heard what happened and quickly took over the minions. Everyone was shocked at Sam's act. Sam let her tears fall freely out of her eyes.

*** The Night Before ***

"We got to get them out of there!" Sam yelled looking at a thoughtful Argus and a very lost Damon.

"We know Sam." Stefan said getting up and looking at them. "But it's got to be you...." He said unsure. "Only you can make a move on her... She will never see it coming."

"For as much as it's hard for me to admit, Stefan is right... It's got to be you..." Damon said looking at her. Argus stepped closer and out a small dagger in the table.

"A knife?" Sam asked curious. "You think?"

"I'm sure... And it's not a knife... It just looks like one..." He said. "This is our chance to take her down."

"It was needed..." She mumbled under her breath. "It was the right thing..." She tried to convince herself still staring at Elsa's lifeless body in the floor. In the background Argus and the Salvatore's tried to free the Mikaelsons. Caroline stepped in near Sam and hugged her.

"It was for the best..." She breathed out in the brunettes neck. "You're finally free of her..." She tried to comfort Sam. But at her words more tears would leave Sam's eyes. Caroline let go, giving Sam a reassuring smile before Klaus came running towards her and hugged her tightly. It was more heartfelt than any kiss or a night of love. He picked her up wrapping his arms around her waist and spinning her, crying onto her shoulder.

"You scared the hell out of me..." He cried out hugging her tighter then ever, afraid she would've slip from his arms again.

"Plan B..." She said crying. "A bloody plan B..." She hugged him back with such passion. They belonged to each other, and everyone could see that. They were each other's. And no one could change that.

After freeing all the Mikaelsons, Damon stepped in to talk with the minions, finding out what they were and asking if revenge for Elsa was something they wanted to try. They were glad to announce that that wouldn't happen, they hated her but also feared her.

Klaus let go of the hug and put Sam on the floor, cupping her face with his hands and looking in her eyes. "You're alright love?" She nodded quickly. "Great!" He said smashing his lips onto hers passionately. Their kiss took instants but it looked like ages for them. They broke apart and Klaus smiled at her. "It's over love."