Chapter 8 "A Visit to The Theocracy"

When arriving to the theocracy nobody stopped them for a check to Y/n that was a huge win due to him not having any kind of documentation and with the black scripture for obvious reasons no one asked him any questions. So They arrived at the capital "Kami Miyako" of the theocracy without any incidents.

Y/n: 'Compared to the Kingdom the theocracy was a is a lot more technologically advanced.'

Y/n: 'Hey gospel if the theocracy despises non humans how come there's a literal undead in  one of the scripture?'

Gospel: "Well it's more though the higher ups of the Theocracy promote the discrimination of non-humans and the supremacy of humanity, it only serves to be a tactic from the higher-ups in order to unify all the humans with a common goal and increase their national power. Unlike the common folk, the high officials aren't blinded by xenophobic beliefs and prioritize the survival of humanity. In order to protect humans from the threat of other races, they wanted to bind people together with faith in the Six Great Gods."

Y/n: 'oh ok well that makes more sense.'

--Minor Timeskip--

Some of the Black Scripture members retreated back to their home to recover Y/n was left with the captain and 5th or 'Quaiesse' was the name that Y/n learned when he talked to the man his personality was quite favourable to Y/n.

From what Y/n Could gather He could describe the man as having a calm, but forceful personality. He was the type to frequently maintain a smile on his face during a secret meeting. He was even ready to openly voice his apology for any one of his colleagues' rude behavior to their guests. It was said that his personality was what likely made him a negotiator for recruiting adventurers to the Theocracy's cause. However, if provoked, he could immediately show malice to anyone who spoke ill of his lord. Because of that, his attitude can immediately turn hostile if provoked to the point that he would stare daggers at the person who spoke ill of his god, with cold and unmoving eyes.

{Y/n POV}

A few moments ago The Captain of the scripture went to the Cardinals to report what had transpired on their mission, while he was doing that I and Quaiesse (aka 5th) were walking down a magnificent hallway He was telling me about random facts about the theocracy and their gods that they worshipped and many other facts.

I was honestly surprised at how much he trusted me, as soon as I said that I came here to establish a new faction of the witch cult. we continued walking for some time until I saw a familiar person who I was actually eager to meet with. it was non others than Zesshi Zetsumei she could fight on par with the Platinum dragon him self and is probably the strongest entity that is originally from The New World.

From what I can remember she is not so 'Loyal' to the theocracy and only stays with them because it benefits her, and in the LN it is said if she finds someone stronger than her she will happily follow the person, and guess who the person is going to be yep ME. of course I mean having someone who is considered to be the strongest person in this world. Excluding me and Nazarick. I will gain a lot of 'Political Power' due to people recognising my strength as soon as I defeat her in one hit.

 I will gain a lot of 'Political Power' due to people recognising my strength as soon as I defeat her in one hit

Then As We came closer we saw a person playing with a rubies cube with only one side solved.

Y/n: "Ohh Interesting is that a Rubik's cube?"

???: "Ohh you know the name of one of theocracy treasures that's quite interesting, hey 5th who might this person be?"

5th: "This is Re-"

Y/n: "I am a Sin Archbishop of the witch cult representing the Seven Sins and the Leader of The Radical Faction, Y/n Corneas, Nice to meet you."

Zesshi: "Ohh so your one of them- wait 'Radical Faction' did you mean Moderate?

Y/n: "No, You heard correctly I was sent here by the witch's to establish a new faction and remove the current."

Zesshi: "Hmm~ Thats quite the goal for a single human to carry out~ or is that the reason you met the black scripture~?"

Y/n: "Oh no~ I didn't recognise them and accidentally defeated them only to later realise that they were one of the scripture's"

Zesshi: "Hmm Intre- Wait You defeated Them?"

She looked at 5th, he nodded and then looked away.

Zesshi: "Hmm so it's true hey how about we have a quick fight."

5th: "Zesshi-sama you can't just fight an Archbishop if you wound him we will have problems with the-"

Y/n: "Its ok I won't be the one hurt and besides the Moderate faction does not care about me due to my reason for existing is literally to take away their power so you won't have problems with them trust me"

Zesshi: "You won't be hurt that's a pretty~ bold statement I may look fragile but I have the power to defeat a dragon lord with ease~"

Y/n: "Hmm~ so the how about a bet then if I win you will leave the theocracy and go work directly underway faction and if you win I will grant you permission to avenge your mother."

At that statement Zesshi's facial expression became that of disgust and hatred.

Zesshi: "You are saying you can grant me permission to go to the eleven kingdom and kill that bastard. hah keep dreaming the cardinals won't allow it and that platinum guy with his suit will intervene"

Y/n: "No to worry, the Platinum dragon lord will have too much on his hands to deal with this trust me hell be very busy very soon."

5th stood there with mixed feelings of fear, curiosity and something else.

Fear because if the theocracy lost Zesshi it would be a great fall to their forces due to her being as strong or even stronger Than the dragon lord's so he doubted that the cardinals would allow her but I mean if she so wished she could theoretically do whatever she wants.

But he also felt a large portion of curiosity about a fight between Y/n and Zesshi he did not understand how Y/n defeated them but he also knew that if someone was stronger than her then she would follow him wherever he goes as long as he promises her a child and if he does form a new faction and reform the current one the theocracy better keep a good relation ship with him or they may loose the favour with the sins of Vainglory and Melancholy and that would be fatal.

While they were talking 3 figures were approaching one of them being the captain of the theocracy. and the other's were dressed in long white robes with blue outlines.

???: "Good day Archbishop, Y/n-Sama may we have a talk?"

-----

AN: Sorry for uploading this a bit later than I usually do I just had to figure out how to plan the next few chapter so the timeline won't be confusing

So yea the next chapter will be the fight between Zesshi and Y/n, and his introduction to the cardinal's of the 'Great 6'.

(Oh and how should I call him '5th' or 'Quaiesse' tell me whats better to read and more suitable fort he story.)

-----

(If you see any errors please do point them out so I can fix them)

This story is inspired by 'filip1500' and his fan fiction "The Archbishop of the Jura Tempest Federation"). (And a fan fiction by "SFK_15" 'Shouldn't I be in hell???')

Again thank you so much for reading and ill see you soon with a new chapter.

This Chapter was published on 09/07/21.

(I do not own Re:Zero nor Overlord)