Chapter 12 "Sin and the Emperor"

After arriving at the Empire of Baharuth they headed to the Arena where the annual fights will be held. Y/n was quite excited to see Ainz and the orc Lord fight for real well I mean like hell actually get to see it and not read it haha...

---mini time skip---

They were walking down a hall to the VIP room where the emperor Jircniv was waiting them.

Unknown to Y/n the other 2 cardinals asked him to take the lead on this meeting but he shrugged it off as a simple attempt to make himself more loyal to the theocracy.

They entered a quiet fabulous room where there were several seats. There he saw the man him self Jircniv farlord El Nix.

{Jircniv's POV}

Just as Jircniv settled in for a long contemplation, a knocking came from the door.

The three men looked at each other, and then Nimble went to open the door. As expected, Freivartz was there.

"Your Majesty, the guests have arrived. There are seven people in total and I've met the High Priests before, so I believe it's them."

"Then, please come in―"
Just as he said that, Seyde chipped in.

"Whoa, whoa hang on a tick, you guys in the back. Numbers add up, but something's off? The two of you in the back feel like me. So, you're from the punishment squad of the temples ― the ones who kill apostate priests? I thought you guys were just supposed to be a myth?"

"This humble monk is quite surprised too." "Whose people are you?"

"Good grief, how troublesome. It would have been fine if you had just let us pass without incident... Firstly, you are mistaken. I ― no, we have a good reason to be here. Namely, because the Emperor invited us. He'll be unhappy if you show hostility to us, you know."

"H―m. Okay, so could you wait there for a bit? Let me check if you guys are telling the truth here."

He let Jircniv see their faces. There was the Cardinal of The Fire God, and the Cardinal of the Earth God, as well as five others he had not seen before.

They wore dark-colored hoods which prevented him from seeing their full faces,  but one of them was dressed in a noble white dress with a hood on him probably to prevent from people seeing his face and that was the most suspicious part.

(AN: Something like this just ignore the background)

Since this was the first time they had met, there was no guarantee that they actually were emissaries of the Theocracy. However, since the Cardinals were there as well, things would not be able to progress if he did not believe them. The Sorcerer King would be the only one who benefited from any internal disputes which resulted.

Jircniv: "They are the guests I was waiting for. Sorry, but could you let them in?"

The members of Silver Canary had shocked looks on their faces, but they still let them pass.