First for everthing

"Good morning" I said pressing my muzzle into Alex's neck licking it gently, he squirms around trying to fight it but I know he cant resit it, I kiss him deeply "I love you so much"

"I love you too Eli"

"come on we've got to get up, it's the start of a new season" I said excitedly, my tail wagging in anticipation.

Jumping off the bed and drawing the curtains inside the gondola letting the light shine into Alex's eyes as he hissed like a angry cat.

It had been 5 months since Laura left us and we had spent the winter in the camp, it was too cold to be a sea, and this was Alex's home, our home

"Come on we will be late for breakfast", I urged him to get a move on and he finally got dressed, taking my hand as I pulled him outside.

"morning Barbara" I said as Barbara and her cat walked up to get breakfast too, her cat shrieking at me in disgust, but at least her owner liked me, I still needed to work on the cat though!

Alex held my paw as we walked up to the main gondola station where we would have breakfast every morning, we all sat around in a group talking about what we were going to do and what our jobs were for the week.

As it was the start of the new season Alex and I would be sailing the trade routes, to our new found colonies where hybrids and humans were accepted as one, the world had moved on a little bit but slowly one colony at a time, there were still the slavers in the east, but Laura set out on a mission to fight back.

Alex and I had done enough fighting we thought, and besides we weren't very good at it, but we could sail and that's what we intended to do.

There in the distance was sea otter in all her glory, the home , our home, the home where Alex and I had fallen in love, and we couldn't wait to get back out to sea.

There was a certain magic about being on the boat, the wind in my fur and being alone at sea with Alex, the planet of just me and him, showing other humans and hybrids alike that we could not only get along together but that we could learn to love one other as equals.

The more we travelled to different colonies the more hybrids were joining them, and becoming part of the communities.

Maggie came running over, "hey, thought I'd give you this before you go, Mark made it for you"

Mark had found our colony when he heard the broadcast on the radio, and him and Maggie had hit it off from the start, and it didn't matter what mark was, what species of hybrid he was because our colony accepted him for him.

We often wondered what their children might look like but who cares right?

Maggie handed over a radar screen, "its so you can see other boats out there at sea, so you can stay one step ahead of the patrol if you ever see one"

"Thanks Maggie" I said giving her a hug

"Hey Eli" Harold came over with his usual list of items he wanted collecting, I had no idea what he wanted them for, he reminded me of Milo, he could build anything from anything, one persons rubbish was his idea of a new invention.

I'd never been this happy in so long, to feel accepted by all these humans, but as much as I loved their company I longed to be back at sea with Alex.

We ate breakfast and started loading the supplies onto sea otter who had obediently waited for our return while we kept warm during winter, our hold was full of potatoes and rice, mine and Alex's favourite, and I couldn't wait to catch some fish

Everyone came out to wave us off, Alex pulled up the anchor and we hoisted the sails, set the boat in motion and we were off on our first supply trade run of the year.

It felt great to be back out at sea, the new addition of the radar got installed swiftly so we could see other boats out at sea, and everything was back to normal.

I pulled Alex into the cabin, and eyed up the bunk behind me, this boat had been our life together,

"can you believe this is where we first met" I said

"I know I first touched your paws on that bunk"

"I watched you shower from just here" I said with a smile

"well I saw your bum after you swam from here too" Alex laughed

"I knew you were watching me" I teased him

"I told you I loved you just there" he pointed to the bunk

"you right I said, kissing him and pushing him towards it"

Our tongues touched together and I lay him down on the bed stripping his clothes off revealing his smooth flesh, "and here's another first" I said climbing on top of him...