The Talk pt.1

Y/n's POV

-later that night -

When I got home from the grocery store I immediately facetimed my sister. "Hey y/n'' my sister said over the phone. I can hear the kids in the background laughing and playing. "Hey Dhara, how's the kids? '' I ask while getting out a wine glass and a bottle of wine. "They are doing great. How was your first shift? '' Dhara said while pulling out some pots and pans. "It was very interesting at least '' I say, setting my phone down and sitting on the couch "Well it looks interesting because you probably got home and you're already pouring yourself wine" She says laughing.

"Yep indeed it was especially for someone's first day '' I said then, taking a sip of my wine. "Okay who is it? '' She asked, looking at me with a smirk. "What are you even talking about? '' I say, rolling my eyes. " Is it a guy or a girl? '' she said in a serious tone. "It's a girl this time, '' I said quietly. " what was that y/n/n i couldn't hear you? '' she said, taunting me. " I said it's a girl this time. '' I said, rolling my eyes again playfully. "Wow she must have you feeling some type of way then" Dhara said smirking. "Yeah she does and I hate that feeling" i say finishing my wine glass. "so where did you meet her? '' Dhara asked while stirring something in the pot that she was cooking with.

" I met her at Joe's Bar, " I said with a small smile. " No way you met her at Joe's" she says laughing. " What's so funny? " I asked, annoyed. " It's like all the great love stories in the hospital they all met at Joe's or at the hospital that's all. How do you think I met Chris? '' Dhara said in a matter of fact tone. " Really so she might be the love of my life then i'm so excited " i say sarcastically. I hear someone fall then they start to cry. I'm guessing it's Gabe since he's the clumsy one out of the three. " Okay I have to go, I think Gabe fell down the stairs again. I might see you tomorrow bye love you" she said in a hurry and didn't bother to hang up the phone. I just hung it up for her.

Now I have to face Callie tomorrow, so I guess I need to get some sleep.

- next day-

This morning came faster than I expected. My alarm went off at 5:30 am as usual. I got up and did my normal routine: shower, wash my hair, brush my teeth, wash my face, get dressed, and do whatever I want with my hair for today. I check my clock again and it reads 6:34 am which isn't bad. I hate that I have to get up this morning because of rounds. I grabbed my bag and started heading out the door. After I lock up my place , I head downstairs to drive to the hospital.

When I arrived, i got dress pretty fast because i'm already a little late for rounds anyway. I have a consult that started 5 minutes ago. As i'm about to rush into the room I hear Meredith say "Now were waiting for Ortho to get her and start the consult " funny enough i arrive right on cue. On my way to the patient's room I have Wilson assigned to me. " Hi i'm Dr. y/l/n and i'll be your Orthopedic surgeon" I say introducing myself and the man nodded.

" Wilson can you present the case for us" i ordered. " Yeah okay. Henry Willis, 38, is here for a hip replacement that has been postponed for 5 months now" Wilson says reading the chart. "Okay so I know why i'm here for my hip replacement but why is Dr. Grey here, isn't she a general surgeon" Mr. Willis asked, confused. " I see you've done your research Mr. Willis and I'm here because when Dr. y/l/n scanned you for your hip , we saw a mass on your large intestine" Meredith said seriously.

I start to see the panic on Mr. Willis's face. " Don't worry it can be a number of things, so let's not think of the worst case scenario right now" Meredith says then exits the room with the interns. " I'll see you in a couple of hours Mr. Willis" I say before walking out and Wilson right behind me. "Wilson I need you to take another scan on Mr. Willis's left hip for me" I say handing her a tablet. " Okay i'll be right on top of it" she says then speed walks off. God I don't know what's wrong with these interns being scared of attendings' , all they do is run when you order them something to do. I guess that's a good thing that they're not lazy.

I hear my phone going off seeing that  set a reminder to meet Callie at 8:00 . I make my way outside to my favorite coffee cart. As i make my way to the cart I see Callie sitting down with a cup in her hand waiting. I guess she didn't see me walk by because she's been starring down at the cup for a while.

I get in line to order me a mocha latte with whipped cream. I always had a serous sweet tooth. I give the man a twenty even though the coffee was only 7.50 . I walk over to the table that's she sitting at.

"Hey" I say softly with a smile trying not to scare her. Callie finally snaps out her gaze and finally looks up and her eyes meets mine. "Hi" she replied back with a soft smile. She gestured for me to sit across from her and I pull out the chair sitting down.

"So I know I owe you a thousand explanations right now but I only can tell you only a little since were in public right now" she says nervously. "Well we came here to talk. So you can talk or tell me anything right now" I say then taking a sip of my coffee.

"Okay what do you want to know first" she says then finally picks up her cup. "Let's start off telling me what you want to say right now then we can proceed later on life you'll like" I said trying to be understanding. She just smiles at me then starts off.

"Well first thing first. Let's talk about my wife at the moment" she says and I nodded for her to continue. "Okay so 7 months ago..." Callie starts off saying first.