Please understand

Callie's POV
I just stood there shocked and hurt. I can't believe Y/n let me tell her everything about what happened with Arizona and Lauren the woman Arizona cheated on me with. Then she didn't even mentioned to tell me that Lauren fucking Boswel is her fucking sister!?!

"Oh shit, you didn't tell her didn't you" Jackson said looking between me and Y/n. As of right now I have tears in my eyes but I refuse for them to fall. Y/n looks at me with sorrow knowing that she should have told me about Lauren being her sister.

"Y/n didn't tell Callie about what?" Cristina questions then reaching into her potato chip bag. "Wait no Cristina I get it now. Y/n and Lauren probably used to date and Arizona cheated on Callie with Lauren. So I guessing that Y/n forgot to mention that she used to date Lauren maybe?" Meredith says trying to connect the dots.

Y/n breaks eye contact with me and face the others. "No I never dated Lauren and never will because she's my older sister" Y/n says and Cristina and Meredith stood there with their mouths hanging open. "What?!" They both said at the same time.

I just couldn't stand there anymore and started to walk out the attending's lounge. "Callie wait!" I hear Y/n call after me but I still keep on walking. I didn't have any surgeries planned today and I needed to clear my mind. The only thing that can help is seeing Sofia.

I walk down to the day care center. Even though Sofia is almost 9, she still needs somewhere to hang out after school for a bit until Arizona or myself take her home after our shifts. "Hello Dr. Torres , coming to take Sofia home?" the nice daycare woman  named Lexie asks me.

"No I'm here to take her to lunch since my schedule is cleared up for now" I say nicely to the woman. "Okay sounds great" she says then walks away to watch the smaller kids. I walk in immediately seeing Sofia on her ipad watching whatever kids watch these days. "Hey Sof" I say trying not to scare her since she's wearing headphones.

"Hey mom" she says excitedly then hugging me right away. "Hey sweet girl, what do you say about going out to lunch" I say to her as she turns off her ipad. "Sounds cool, can we go anywhere?" Sof asked giving me the cute eyes and of course I couldn't say no.

"Yes anywhere you like love" I say smiling at her cuteness. "How about McDonald's !" She says jumping up and down. "Yes we can indeed go to McDonald's Sof" I say standing up , waiting for her to gather her things before leaving the daycare center.

"Hey Lexie, I'm talking Sofia out for lunch for about an hour or two" I say then signing Sofia out. "Sounds great, see you later Dr. Torres" Lexie says then winks at me. I nod my head and Sofia and I started walking out the hospital.

"Someone has a huge crush on you mom" Sofia says randomly. "What who?" I ask her for her random question. "Lexie duh, she totally likes you, you didn't see when she winked at you" Sofia says stating the obvious and I just laugh it off.

"Lexie is a sweet girl but I've already met someone that I like very much" I say being honest with Sofia. I find it better to be honest with her and it makes our mother and daughter relationship stronger.

"You have already met someone and you didn't tell me til now mom" Sofia says raising her brow at me while getting into the car. Now I see where she gets all her sass from. "Well to be honest Sof I met her a couple of days ago and I didn't know if I really liked her til now and I was waiting to see how comfortable we both feel about her meeting you" I say driving to the closest McDonald's which is the best one in Seattle if you ask me.

"Okay what do I have to feel comfortable about her meeting me" she asked as I turn onto the highway. "Well you see Sof this is a new person in your life and I want you to be comfortable so you don't feel like I'm forcing you to do something that you don't like" I say explaining and quickly looking at her in the passenger seat then immediately turning my attention back to the road ahead of me.

"Okay that's really nice mom that you consider me to feel 100 percent comfortable meeting this woman that you like so much" she says dragging out the word like and I just laugh at her.

"Thank you for being an amazing daughter and so understanding" I say smiling at her and she smiles back. Her wisdom at such a young age kinda reminds me of Mark most of the time. God I miss Mark , especially at times like this I definitely need him to talk to. "Well thank you mom for being honest with me. I'm glad you have found another woman who has put a smile on your face. As long she makes you happy I'm happy" she finally says before I park the car. After I put the car in park , I lean over giving her a big momma hug. "Mom you're like strangling me" Sof says laughing and I still hang on for a while before letting go. "Now can we get something to eat" she says unbuckling her seat belt. "Yes Ms.Sassy Pants we can" I say opening my door then closing it.

My lunch with Sofia was amazing. She caught me up on all the drama at school and all the drama she hears that the teenagers say at the hospital. I love spending time with Sofia, moments like these makes me cherish life even more. While I'm having the time of my life with my daughter, I wish one day a y/n will meet her. I'm sure they'll love each other and Sofia is willing to meet her. The real problem is, how will Y/n feel about meeting my daughter when we're not even a thing. The ding of my phone pulls me out of my thoughts more like Sofia snapping her fingers in my face trying to get my attention that my phone is going off.

Y/n:
Hey Callie I know you probably won't want to talk to me after today. I want you to know that I'm so sorry and I've never meant to hurt your feelings. Please hear me out. Have a wonderful evening.
                                                                        Me:
It'll be wonderful if we can meet up and talk. How about tomorrow at lunch?

Y/n:
Sounds perfect see you then Callie <3

Me
See you then Y/n <3

And there I sit with a huge ass smile on my face. I at least owe her to explain herself. "So did Y/n text you?" Sofia asked wiggling her eyebrows. "It's none of your business but yes she did matter of fact" I say back in a serious tone but ended up laughing and Sofia laughing with me. God I do love moments like this.